1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

High Tide with Lots of Rain

Discussion in 'Words / No Words (W/NW)' started by ReD, Feb 5, 2014.

1. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Local Estuary shots with longish exposure about 1/5th & Distortion via rain on windscreen

also took a few longer exposure with the pinhole but will have to wait to see if they worked

High Tide and Rain

• Like Like x 4
  2. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    These are nice, love the really watery effect in the second :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Beautiful, Red. As you said recently, number 3 would be on my wall :) I love the distortion and "dreamyness" it adds.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Thanks

There's a 30 second movie too with flowing images & sound but subject is not as interesting - but damn its now stopped raining for a re-shoot

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Long exposures through a rainy windshield..thanks for the idea, Red. I'll be looking forward to a rainy spring as soon as this awful winter decides to end.

6. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Shoot Snow

7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I'm not dedicated enough.....and my fingers are too cold :boohoo:

8. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Two More

• Like Like x 3
  9. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    and another

10. photogfollett

photogfollett SC Regular

Feb 7, 2012
    Roseburg, Oregon
    John
    These are fantastic ReD. Since it's supposed to rain here all weekend it at least gives me something to look forward to trying.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Short Story

I drove to this spot to catch the high tide at 10.00 am. Parked up & immediately started shooting using the F660 & my STX1 pinhole. Raining too hard to get out of the car & It took about half hour before I realised that I had left the car lights on. Flatter than flat battery. OK wait a while & maybe it will charge enough to catch. No Joy. Flatter than flat.

I was on the point of taking a walk back when another car drove up & the driver popped out to take some snaps of the river with his mobile. I said that was exactly why I was there & he offered a jump start if I had some jump leads handy. I checked the boot & my Jump leads were miraculously there.

Two minutes later we were both driving away happy.

It restored my faith in this obsession.

• Like Like x 1