Holiday Time

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by HeatherTheVet, Oct 22, 2011.

1. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    Right team, I'm off to France. I got a new camera bag specially, big enough to tote all the newspapers, books, pens, notepads, receipts, tickets, maps and everything else I pick up along the way.

I'm not promising enormous piles of photos when I get back. I do promise a lot of sleeping, eating and enjoying the freedom of no computer or phone.

Make sure nobody steals my seat whilst I'm gone,
    H

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Heather, your seat is yours - saved forever! Have a wonderful time and enjoy yourself doing exactly what you feel like doing!:friends:

3. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hi Heather, enjoy your holidays! Vive La France.

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Have a great time.

5. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Oops, Heather hasn't a phone or computer, she will propably read our comments / replies after her holiday.

6. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    Yup, Herman is right, I"m back and just reading these now. Wondering how much I can catch up on here and whether just to let it run and pick up the active threads tomorrow.

I learned a few things - I saw the Med for the first time, very briefly, from the Camargue. I saw olive trees for the first time. I learned that you can't really eat olives straight off the tree, especially if they're not ripe. I learned that not all 19th century mental asylums were horrendous. I learned about Schismatic Popes. I discovered that cyprus trees really are swirly-wirly like Van Gogh painted them. I discovered there is a gay area of Paris and that we were in it. I learned that in the south of France you can generally get the Telegraph, Times, Daily Mail, Sun, Star but not the Guardian or Guardian Weekly or Independent.

I also learned that I need another memory card.

I'll chew through the photos over the next week or two, hopefully some will make the cut. A lot were touristy rubbish.

• Like Like x 3
  7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Welcome home, Heather - you've been missed but it sounds to me as though you had a good time. I look forward to seeing and reading much more. Here's to the swirly Cyprus trees!:friends:

8. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    I love touristy rubbish......

9. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    Apart from the touristy rubbish and pondering the wonders of a different lens completely changing the colour of everything, especially the sky, I was amazed to find this. I haven't touched it AT ALL, no PP, no crop, no nothing - this is straight RAW file. It might improve with a crop to take out the stick, but I'm loving it just like this.
    [​IMG][/url] Grasses, St Remy de Provence by heather_t_vet, on Flickr[/IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    wow, wonderfully dreamy, ethereal photo! incredible that it's a sooc raw file!
    also I enjoyed reading the things you learned on your holiday :smile: