Sony Hoocap + RX1 = <3

I'm fine with the lens bulk. I wish the rest of the camera were a tad larger so it were more balanced. Plus with that extra room they could add a magic baby af speed pixie or something. :)

Haha. I picked up an iShoot grip for the RX1 (hasn't arrived yet), hoping it'll balance it a little better and give it something to grab onto. I finally got an iShoot for the X-E1 and it improved the handling immensely so I'm looking forward to trying the RX1 version :)

Tell you where I'd really like one, is on my X100S - I have dropped the cap for that (or had it fall off) several times now and dinged it up pretty good on pavement & gravel.

Not a huge deal, and I'm sure I can get a replacement one if I was worried about the cosmetics, but this would be nice to have hood+cap. Since it's 49mm filter size there's a possibility the Hoocap marked for the RX1 would also work on the X100S which would mean it'd be an even better dual use deal for me.

Did you ever try it out on your X100S? I've looked all over the internet and can't find anyone who has tried using a Hoocap on X100/X100S/X100T. If you could let me know it would be GREATLY appreciated! If so, a photo of it would be amazing!

Did you ever try it out on your X100S? I've looked all over the internet and can't find anyone who has tried using a Hoocap on X100/X100S/X100T. If you could let me know it would be GREATLY appreciated! If so, a photo of it would be amazing!

No, I never tried it, and I sold the RX1 and Hoocap quite some time ago. I'm almost positive it would not fit on the X100 series from what I remember of the size shape and mount though.

No, I never tried it, and I sold the RX1 and Hoocap quite some time ago. I'm almost positive it would not fit on the X100 series from what I remember of the size shape and mount though.

I ended up getting a used Hoocap really cheap and got to try it out for myself. Not good! Not only does it looks ridiculous compared to the mini hood I normally use, but it requires a 49mm female to female coupler which are hard to come by. Here it is if anyone else ever curious:

Mini hood:
IMG_8609.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hoocap retracted:
IMG_8607.JPG

Hoocap extended:
IMG_8608.JPG

Top view:
IMG_8592.JPG

IMG_8594.JPG

I ended up getting a used Hoocap really cheap and got to try it out for myself. Not good! Not only does it looks ridiculous compared to the mini hood I normally use, but it requires a 49mm female to female coupler which are hard to come by. Here it is if anyone else ever curious:

Yeah after using one on the RX1 that's about exactly what I figured it'd look like on the X100 series.... :D

Sorry I didn't see your message sooner, I would have tried to talk you out of it. For some reason I didn't get an email notification so I didn't see your reply to this thread.

Back