1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Horrible day... my E-M5 black body has arrived at the warehouse

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by krugorg, May 2, 2012.

1. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Well, horrible in that is exposes my complete lack of willpower.

I called my local camera store today just to check on my E-M5 body preorder status. I was pretty sure, up until now, that I was going to pass on the E-M5 and wait for the updated E-P3. Anway, the friendly salesperson lets me know that, lo and behold, my camera just arrived in their warehouse and would be at their store tomorrow.

Arggghhhh!

So, yeah, there is approximately a 100.0% chance that I will go down and pick it up tomorrow.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    My condolences/congratulations. I feel sorry/am happy for you.
    :daz:

• Like Like x 6
  3. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    I believe an intervention is required. Just have the salesperson ship the camera to me instead. I'm only trying to help.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    or they could paint it silver and ship to Amin's house ;)

• Like Like x 5
  5. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Haha, thanks! Nah, I am generally happy. It has actually been nice to read some user experiences before receiving mine... feel like I know what I am getting into.

SC is such a helpful group of folks! Thanks, Armando! I could ship you a slightly used (by that I mean looks like it rolled down the face of a small mountain) E-P3 instead.

• Like Like x 1
  6. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    No, no, enjoy E-M5 thoroughly! And to make place, ship your K01 to me:tongue:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    LOL....everyone wants to help Kyle...isn't that nice.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Heck we've all seen the state of the buildings in Kyle's neighbourhood, he will be lucky if the warehouse is still standing in the morning! :tongue:

Enjoy your new camera Kyle!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    He needs help. What kind of friend are you if you don't participate in the intervention? :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    pictogramax put dibs in on the Pentax right away and I don't what I'd do with two E-P3s.

• Like Like x 2
  11. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    I would, but I am worried that it will be an expensive shipment. The K-01 is a bit heavy. :biggrin:

:rofl: Great point, Karen!

I am still waiting for the Minnesota or Wisconsin Tourism Boards to offer to pay me to stop posting photographs.

I do have a pretty, red E-PL3 that my wife wants me to sell. Hmmm, oh yeah, and I do have a banged up LX3 (it was my backpacking/snow cam for a bit) I could let someone have, so both you and Armando are covered! :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Fine. I'll take the EP3. You take the OMD.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Congrats on the purchase!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Don't do it, Kyle! It's a horrible camera. I'm struggling just to press the shutter button on mine. Of course that's partly because I'm trying out the shutter release on the awesome tilty/touchy screen, but that's neither here nor there. BTW, would it bring a tear to your eye if I said that I haven't been able to get the PL25 to rattlesnake on the E-M5 yet. Oh, and be warned; the first time that you find yourself alone with the E-M5 in a quiet room will be an eye-opener.

Seriously though, this is a definitive camera for Olympus. A genuine two-fingered salute to anyone who ever said that Olympus and/or Micro Four Thirds wouldn't survive or couldn't be taken seriously alongside larger formats.

Enjoy Darth Vader!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    I think that Amin found a Silver E-M5 on the other side of the world and is having it shipped by carrier pigeon as we speak.

• Like Like x 1
  16. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Yeah, you were no help, Nic, with your images and positive feedback! :biggrin:

Crazy cool to hear the PL25 may not rattlesnake. If it was going to be the same as my E-P3, I was considering selling the PL25 and sticking with the 20/1.7 as a more compact option (plus have the FoV covered on my Pentax).

I am really looking forward to the tilt screen. I think I will use that a lot more than the viewfinder.

Thanks for the heads-up on the hum. I think I am ready for Darth! Dang, I knew I should have got the Stormtrooper version of the K-01 (black/white).

• Like Like x 1
  17. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    My heartfelt condolences. :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. marlof

marlof Trying to focus

Dec 25, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Marlof
    I don't know what this camera does to people: I was just checking availability on another tab in this browser. And I'm not getting it til November. Or so I thought....

19. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    ... did you have one sitting on your doorstep?

20. marlof

marlof Trying to focus

Dec 25, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Marlof
    Not yet... I'm training my fingers not to push the buy button.