1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How Does One Open & Edit the LX7's RW2 (Raw) files on a Mac?

Discussion in 'Panasonic/Leica Forum' started by M4/3, Feb 18, 2013.

1. M4/3

M4/3 SC Rookie

Dec 21, 2011
    Neither the Preview nor the Olympus Viewer 2 programs that are on my Snow Leopard Mac will open my LX7's RW2 files. Does anyone know of a FREE program that will? Thanks for any suggestions.

2. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog SC Regular

Hey, this applies to me also. I can only use the jpegs in Adobe Bridge, and Photoshop Elements. I thought perhaps eventually the software updates might come through automatically.
    It's just as well the jpegs are good quality.
    Cheers
    DUD

3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Don't Panasonic cameras ship with a copy of Silkypix (or does it not work on a Mac)?

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    It's supported by Apple raw I believe - so iPhoto should open it. Or the much more powerful Aperture, but that's not free.

Actually, only iPhoto 9.4 will open it, which I believe only runs under Mountain Lion....

-Ray

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    If it didn't come with Silkypix, you should be able to download a free version of it. It's what normally comes with all the Panasonic cameras so it should be fine with them.

6. M4/3

M4/3 SC Rookie

Dec 21, 2011
    Yep, you're right, I found the Silkypix ap on the LX7 CD and it works fine on my Mac. Thanks. I like using my LX7 for video, ultra close macro and indoor low light stuff. But for outdoor landscapes I prefer the colors of my Olympus cameras.

7. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog SC Regular

Yes they do, but I didn't enjoy using Silkypix with my first G1 camera, so I'm staying away from it.
    DUD

8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue