How far would you go to get the shot?

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by olli, Feb 12, 2014.

1. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    • Like Like x 7
  2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    I don't mind heights but that was just insane. Not something a clever person would do without (at least) a parachute. That said, the shots were stunning. I would not go that far.
  3. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    I've done daft things to get shots in the past so I can't say anything. Although this is a lot more extreme than anything I ever did I take my hat off to these guys - the photos they captured are truly superb. Life is about taking risks, if you think you can do it go for it - just as long as you know the full extent of the risks involved, including getting caught. These two would have gone to jail for a long time had they been spotted up there I'm sure
  4. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Fantastic shots - marvellous experience - all praise to them

The nearest I've been is on an Outward Bound trip in Wales; Abseiling!
  5. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    Short answer: not that far!

Cheers, Jock
  6. romi.gilles

romi.gilles SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2013
    idk anymore. all over the country.
    romi gilles
    in that last pic, that cage-looking thing he was sitting in doesn't even look safe.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)
  7. People have been going to long lengths for shots for a long time.
  8. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    I am absolutely fine with heights, but the combination of height, motion and fisheye lens nearly made me vomit - I had to skip through it! Mostly motion I think, need I remind you of the last time I was on a boat and was castaway on a beach scantily clad and barefoot having jumped ship due to extreme seasickness
  9. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    I'm absolutely NOT fine with heights (although strangely, I love flying). Watching the video was actually difficult for me!

In any event, I definitely would not go that far to take any photos at all!!!

That was really cool though. And crazy! I can't believe they were standing on that catwalk or whatever that was ... a strong gush of wind could have blown them over .... yikes!!!
  10. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Hydrophobic as I am, I find these shots stunning.

Edit: Damned autocorrector!! I wanted to write "acrophobic". As a chemist, however, I'm very amused.
  11. There is also the issue of legality. How far are you willing to push it for a picture/video?
  12. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac SC Veteran

Jan 20, 2014
    Launceston & Sydney
    Nick Clark
    Furthest I've gone is from Launceston to Inverness. Short of flying to Iceland I think it's about as far as you can physically go...

I suspect that may not have been your point though...
  13. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Now THAT'S funny, made me chuckle so, it did :laugh1:
  14. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    It seems both these blokes are on 500px so if you want to see more you'll find them here and here.