1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

How Hot!?!

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Djarum, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    We are supposed to hit between 106-108F the next two days. Luckily todays humidity is pretty low, but its supposed to go up tommorow and sunday. I lived in Florida for 18 years, and I can't recall the actually temperature getting over 102 in Jacksonville. However, the humidity was extreme there. Sheesh, now I know why I haven't gotten out to take photos.

Attached Files:

2. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I also lived in Florida - the Daytona-Orlando area - for about 10 years. While it could often be very oppressive because of the high humidity, the temperature rarely approached 100 F. 90 was bad enough. I live in New Jersey and we'll be hitting about 97 F for the next three days - with temperatures indexes of about 105 F. Not much outdoor photography and not much motorcycle riding this weekend.

3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Definitely having a heat wave up here as well - just a bit north of you Biro. 90 in the shade.:cool:

[video=youtube_share;Qe-45dj-aGo]http://youtu.be/Qe-45dj-aGo[/video]

Things get moving @ about 3:55 minutes.

4. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    we have been in the low 100's both my home and car ac failed same day, fixed now :)

5. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Know just how you feel, I never get out when its that hot, either, unless its before dawn (after sundown is never much cooler, really)

6. Brian

Brian SC Top Veteran

Jul 7, 2010
    Over 100, power down. A massive storm went through the Northern Virginia area.

Helped cut up a tree blocking the road out of the neighborhood.

What a mess.

7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I HATE summer......only 2 more months....Uggggh. Hot and humid here for the last week and for the next week, too. I hate hot weather more than nearly anything else I can think of. If I could make it so it would never be over 75 degrees again, I'd gladly give up photography. That's how much I hate it.

8. While the humidity is a bit lower, we are used to the 105+ weather for a few months here in the southwest.