How many cameras do you currently own?

Ricoh GRD4 - my workhorse; I have 2 of them
Ricoh GXR with A12 50mm and 28mm, A16 zoom, and the Mount unit
Olympus E-M5 with 12-50mm, 12/2, 45/1.8, 75/1.8, 75-300mm, and PL 25/1.4

I primarily shoot with the Ricohs, but I keep the Olympus because there is a wider array of lenses available for various specialized purposes.

• Four vintage Zeiss Ikon folding cameras of various types and in different states of usability

Still to sell: too many lenses.

Thanks for the reminder! I also still have my Dad's old Zeiss folding camera, circa 1930 something. And too many lenses. I wasn't considering film cameras, for some reason. Added to my list should be a Minolta SRT303b and a Pentax Espio 738 compact.

Too many

LX5 which I really love. (Though I think I'd secretly prefer a X10 if they get cheap enough.)

G1 & 20mm, 14-45mm - good too but a bit too big. .

GF3 & 14mm - it was too cheap to pass so bought for my eldest (but I'm using it more because of its size).

Ixus 860 - lens has become a bit decentred with age so passed on to my youngest

Then a few 35mm which haven't been used for years - Nikon F801s & 28-70 ; Canon A1 ; Canon FTb. There's also a Canon Epoca in the bedside cabinet which appears to be dissolving from the outside in.......

and I finally flogged the old GR1s last week on Ebay for a very reasonable £220.

All of these get regular use.

EM-5, 12-50, 45 1.8, 75 1.8, 75-300, 12-35 on order.
NEX7, 18-55, 55-210, 30mm macro.
2x M9s, 12mm, 21mm, 35mm 1.2, 50mm 1.1, 50mm 1.5, 75mm 1.8, 90mm 2.5, 135mm 3.4 apo.
A77, 16-50 2.8, 70-200 2.8

Plus a half dozen or so assorted film and compact digital cameras. Some get used by the family. Most do not.

Gordon

I just couldn't resist this thread ...

I'm down to only 5 cameras -- OMD, X100, X10, M9, M7 -- although I have XE1 on pre-order.

My dad has two cameras in storage with me -- the Oly E510 that I gifted him and a Panasonic L1.

The fiancé only has the Canon S90 that I gifted to her, and an old Canon Digital Elph (SD something). She doesn't know this, but I get the vibes that she "needs" a Sony RX100 or a Fuji XF1. ;)

This is a very comforting thread, as most of my family and friends already think it strange that I own 3 camera's (G5, E-PL3 and S100). Looking at the posts above I realize I am not really that strange, as 3 is a small collection compared to most of you..:). Having said that I do think 3 is enough for me, so if I buy a new one that will mean an older model will have to go... And with the release of the X-E1 that moment could be sooner than later....

I eventually want to set up a site where I can show each camera and then when I use them though I might not use all. They all work though as far as I know. I am just not good at product photography and every time I set up to do this.. the first photos look bad and I don't bother shooting more.

Frontline cameras, in order of use not necessarily order of ranking:

E-M5
GH1
G1X

Older cameras that I can't yet bring myself to part with:

Canon EOS 50D (Occasional use)
Canon EOS 350D (Works fine but now retired. Kept for sentimental value)

Floaters. Evaluation or temporary use only:

Sony NEX-5N (To be sold)
Olympus E-P2 (Acquired in a trade to obtain some Micro 4/3 lenses. To be sold)

On reflection I think that three is a good number. Or maybe four. Or maybe...

1) Olympus E-M5
2) NEX-7 (hoping the upcoming 35/1.8 is good)
3) Pentax K-01 (been meaning to sell since I bought the N7)
4) Panasonic LX3, well-used and abused in the past, but not much recent use. At some point, wouldn't mind upgrading to a new LX or Oly when they go 1", or maybe just grab a little PEN and throw on my 20/1.7

Pretty happy with the E-M5 and m4/3 as my main system, kind of my DSLR, since I don't own anything with a mirror. A little less sure of where I am in APS-C (full-ish frame)... I know I need to stop camera churning and figure out how to use the stuff I have.

Oh, and still thinking it would be fun to learn film (don't think I learned much in school yearbook, journalism). I saw an interesting post on The Online Photographer that has me thinking about a Bronica SQ-Ai.

This is a very comforting thread, as most of my family and friends already think it strange that I own 3 camera's (G5, E-PL3 and S100). Looking at the posts above I realize I am not really that strange, as 3 is a small collection compared to most of you..:). Having said that I do think 3 is enough for me, so if I buy a new one that will mean an older model will have to go... And with the release of the X-E1 that moment could be sooner than later....

I had just the same thing this weekend when i was visiting my parents. The topic cameras came to speak as I had to explain the Nex 5N (after i advised it to her) my niece had aquired.
My sister was like : "why do people need more then one camera ?" and my mother "aren't photos all the same ?"

So yea.... I'm not gonna start explaining them the different feel of cameras, sensor size, lenses etc etc

Anyway, atm I got

Panasonic G5 and hopefully today I will receive the OM-D.
Lenses : 20mm and 45mm
Soon (hopefully) : olympus 75mm, panasonic 100-300 and 60mm macro

In the future I will probably add the XE-1 (most likely) or nex 6.

PS, my girlfriend sees me as crazy too every time a new camera body or lens arrives :)

Back in the day, the dark(room) ages, I had three Nikons, an F and 2 F2's with a half dozen lens along with a Mamiya C330 with two lenses.
Right now I only have a grd iii, though I am enamored with the Fuji jpegs from their new sensors. The new X-E1 seems sweet and will seem even sweeter when Fuji clues some third party devs into its new sensor array. lol

One unobtrusive, pocketable camera has been pretty liberating to me as I've gotten into the habit of having it on me always, but there sure is some cool technology out there in photo-land!

Back