Feedback How to clean-up uploaded images?

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
Hi everyone, it's me again.(don't worry, I don't bite)
I have uploaded 430 images at SC. Just 250kB remaining.
I wanna delete several (all?) images, which easy to use tools are available?
Is mass deletion possible (hopefully it is)?
Replies are welcome. :bravo-009:

No Herman, I think we've asked this before and you have to delete them one at a time.
Unless Amin or one of the mods has special power and can do it for you?

Herman,
have a seat and grab your favorite beverage (or 3 or 4). Unfortuantely, there is no way to mass delete that I can see. When you go to an individual photo at top right is the "photo options" drop down menu. Select "edit photo". Then there is a small check box with a line about deleting your photo being permanent. Check the box and then hit submit changes. Now do that 430 more times!

Good luck!

If you have your photos sorted in albums it is possible to delete an entire album at once though, go to my albums, and select delete on the right hand side and you should be able to delete the entire album in one click

Herman, did you see Pim's suggestion. I don't have mine sorted into albums, so I can't see how that works.

Before we do the "nuclear" option, let me run this past Amin. I don't have any special powers to erase your photos in bulk, but perhaps he does. Hold steady in the meantime.

If you have your photos sorted in albums it is possible to delete an entire album at once though, go to my albums, and select delete on the right hand side and you should be able to delete the entire album in one click

Thanks Pim for your reply. Unfortunately (?) I haven't sorted my images into albums.

Herman, did you see Pim's suggestion. I don't have mine sorted into albums, so I can't see how that works.

Before we do the "nuclear" option, let me run this past Amin. I don't have any special powers to erase your photos in bulk, but perhaps he does. Hold steady in the meantime.

Hello Luke, thanks for your replies, the "nuclear" option has destroyed my photos a couple of years ago.
I prefer I can check photos to be deleted by one click.
Okay, I'll wait what gonna happen.

Perhaps you can mass select your images in some way to put them in an album, Herman, then delete the album? I don't have anything to test or I would-- I use tumblr or flicker so I don't bog down storage here.

I had thought of that too Kristen, but you need to put images in albums one at a time in the edit photo drop down menu. It doesn't appear that there is any way to do it. I've sent a message to Amin to see if he has access to any behind the scenes menus as Administrator.

Back