Feedback How to clean-up uploaded images?

Herman, don't have us delete your account. You've made a lot of good posts, and we want to keep them attributed to you. When we delete an account, all it does is change the name on the posts to "Guest". Serves no purpose. Plus you lose your title. Also, members with most posts get more space in certain areas like the PM inbox, etc, and you'll lose that too.

Here are the steps for embedding a Picasa Web image on our site:
  1. On the Picasa Web "My Photos" page, click your album.
  2. Click the photo you'd like to embed.
  3. Click Link to this Photo on the right sidebar.
  4. Set the following preferences:
  5. Select your preferred image size.
  6. Optional: Select 'Hide album link' to remove a link to the containing album, which is displayed by default with the image. Select 'Image only (no link)' to get the image URL by itself, with no link back to Picasa Web Albums.
  7. Copy the HTML (Ctrl-C) in the 'Embed image' field on the right-hand side.
  8. Paste the HTML (Ctrl-V) in your post here at SeriousCompacts.com.

The Picasa Web interface looks like this:

8083294567_067413186b_o.png

Picasa Web gives you 1GB of storage and photos 2048px and smaller in max dimension do not count towards this limit:

8083294615_1a3d8436b4_o.png

Hey, I learned something new - I didn't realize umages smaller than 2048 pixels along the longest edge don't count to our limit on Picasa. Guess I won't ever run out of free storage. Yay.

I upload 1200px images along the longest edge because I'm not looking for max image quality and on some forums posting anything larger is impolite. I link in the 800px view most of the time; there are tricks to getting a larger view.

Back