How to set a avatar?

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Jip, May 11, 2014.

1. Jip

Jip SC Regular

Mar 16, 2014
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Jip van Kuijk
    I want to set a avater, I've set a profile picture but also want to set a avatar, I see others using a avatar but when I go to the avatar setting page I only see the following:

Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 00.25.35.

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I think you need to have more posts. Not sure how many though, can't remember.

3. SnapDawg

SnapDawg Rorschach Test Pilot

Apr 18, 2014
    Canary Islands
    Ken
    Another, faster way is by becoming a subscribing member on S.C. There's a 'Donate' tab on top of every? page.

4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Here's a very handy thread which explains the details about when you get to do what: New User Titles and Avatar Requirement which should help you out, Jip.

• Like Like x 2
  5. El Guapo

El Guapo SC Regular

Feb 3, 2014
    The magic number is 100 according to the info or donate

6. Jip

Jip SC Regular

Mar 16, 2014
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Jip van Kuijk
    Thanks guys! I'll just get on posting than. As much as I would love to donate, I'm already sponsoring 3 others forums. And that's my maximum. I can't afford to keep donating all the forums I visit.

Maybe later :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Post away, Jip! There is absolutely no pressure on anyone to donate to these sites.

• Like Like x 2
  8. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC Top Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    A related question is - what is the purpose of "friends" on this forum, and if they are useful how does one go about acquiring them? I think everyone on here is friendly but does formalising the relationship have any real effect?

9. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Not that I am aware of Martin. A couple people have made friends with me despite my anti-social intentions and I don't see any different behavior or notifications of "friends" being online. I think I should unfriend them all. :friends:

• Like Like x 1
  10. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    LOL re friends. It does seem a bit pointless but it comes along with the VB script I think.