How was your day?

Discussion in 'Words / No Words (W/NW)' started by Yeats, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    The point of this game/exercise/chore is to share with us a photo that reveals something about your day. :smile:

2. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    • Like Like x 2
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    My day is moving out day!

8758445782_7719fb6f9b_c.
    Camera Roll-2619 by BBW: BB Wylie Walden, on Flickr

Needless to say, I've been a very rare poster for the last few months...eventually I'll get back in the SC saddle again. Meanwhile, I think this is a great image thread so I'm bumping it right up with my day's photo.:biggrin:

4. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    exciting times BBW

good luck with the move ....... tell us more?

5. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    My day was... Organised

Office.

6. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Just nipped out and taken it
    1910 hrs here

building steps day on a rear terrace - still to finish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    BillN - we're moving, finally to our new old place in Kent, CT: Flickriver: Photoset '"the farm"' by BBW: BB Wylie Walden but I shan't show you my "nets" (curtains) crooked because we don't have any yet!:wink: Your place looks as though it is coming along quite beautifully.

And Bill, I envy you that organization...I'm going to be living amidst boxes for quite some time...but it's beautiful outside where I'm heading shortly with my car loaded to the brim.:drinks:

8. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Looks beautiful BB, you will have to start bird watching and of course bird photography

how old is the place?

Like the shirt!

I would love a "digger"

The nearest place I've been to is White Plains - in 1986 - we had a small language school there opened to support IBM - I remember deep snow and cold - I still have the sleeping bag I bought from J C Penny as it was so cold in the house I stayed in

9. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Thanks, Bill. Yes, plenty of birds - we've had American Bald Eagles flying right by, Kingfishers...and now its warbler season, though I'm not so good at them. I used to hang out with a lot of serious birders back in the early 1980s, so I've got the basics. As for bird photography, well I'll have to invest in an interchangeable lens system if I go that route.:wink:

We're farther north and east from White Plains and much more rural - quite beautiful, too.

Thanks for taking a look at the pix and for your post, Bill.

10. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue

Trying to come to terms with a new image service.

11. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Today, and yesterday, was a bit of a demolition day - building tomorrow, hopefully!
    Even since we bought "the house/farm buildings" in 1988 we have had trouble with water seeping into a small "garage" that we have under one of the terraces at the front of the house. We could live with it when it was a "holiday home" as we were only really there in "fine weather", but since we retired and live here permanently it has been one of the jobs "on the list".

Major crack across the terrace near the front, so we decided to knock part of the front down, move the doors back and re-lay all the Terrace, (properly) - it was/is hard work.
    That's my mate John in the photos, who is the "brains" behind work like this - but it is one of those jobs that you regret starting when you are part way through it as knocking something down is far harder work than building something.
    Concrete and reinforced concrete beams are heavy and difficult to move ....... Kango, (hammer) is the word plus sledge hammer..... but it does give you RSI in your joints..... and there are two of my old cars, a MG Midget and a VW Beetle Karman Ghia Cabriolet, (a proper one), in the garage under those blue sheets, (in storage and not been started for a few years!)

Plus my wife is not very happy as the summer "visitors" - friends and family start arriving in a few weeks and I still have quite a few other "jobs" to finish!!!!!! - "you should never have started it" was the moral support I received from her at the beginning of the week when the paving slabs started coming off

1900 hrs - finished - Now I need a shower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    Dang, Bill, I bet it will be quite lovely when you are done, but you've really got your work cut out for you.

13. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Thanks Chris - this is really a small job, we have spent the last 3 years, almost non-stop, apart from the 3 summer months rebuilding the "house" and converting the Barns and outbuildings....... it's given me something to do since I retired
    Almost there, unless we start on another Barn/Gite

14. wrangler

wrangler SC Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    SW Minnesota
    Dennis Ulrich
    My day was productive; I finished my granddaughter's jewelry box.

Attached Files:

15. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    That's beautiful!!!

16. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    that box is more beautiful than whatever is going inside. I am sure of it.

17. wrangler

wrangler SC Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    SW Minnesota
    Dennis Ulrich
    Thanks guys, I harvested the Walnut from a farm that has been in my family for over 100 years. I have been building stuff for family members from the wood in my "Glucose" powered wood shop since I retired.

18. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Now thats what I call ART! Beautifully finished.

19. Beautiful work.

20. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I took a shot of any empty aquarium the first day this thread appeared and I was going to explain ab out how I was going to set up an aquarium. I decided to wait until it was finally set up. I've had a few massive aquarium years ago, but gave it up for a long time. I miss the quiet calm that an aquarium can bring. So we set up a small one. Here's the first shot.

Zebra Danio in situ by Lukinosity, on Flickr