How's weather at your place?

It has been the best summer I can remember since 2003, but for the past 3 days it's been very unpredictable, and today has so far been gray and rainy all along. They say autumn-like weather is coming this weekend.

Which is just fine with me, as I've had summer-like temperatures since late february (first in Africa, and ever since I returned, in Holland). I'm a four-seasons kinda guy, and 6 months of summer is too much for me...

(Southern Holland Netherlands, 5km from the Belgian border)

Weird weather here in N. Alabama. We were hitting 95 degrees with head index up to 102. Last few days have been in the mid to high 80s. This weekend is supposed to be back in the mid 90's with 80 percent humidity.

Eastern part of The Netherlands:

Dry, sunny, 19 Celsius, wind west.

If you got better weather at your side please push it to the low countries!

Kind regards, Herman

Thanks Martin for your reply.
Many dutch got a day off: it's Ascension Day.
Years ago it was a tradition getting up early and go for a bicycle journey.
Holland is #1 bike country in the world, everyone got a bicycle.
An american professor researches this dutch tradition. (prof. Kevin Krizek)

Last edited:
as the sun rises over Lake Michigan to the east, it partly cloudy and 6C. I'll turn on some heat this morning just for 15 minutes to take the chill out of the air. The temps will rise to a seasonal and pleasant 15C by this afternoon.

Scratch my earlier reply. Herefordshire (western side of England bordering Wales if you're not familiar with UK geography). Hammering down with rain all day and 8C. I got soaked heading off to the shops at lunchtime and discovered that my shoes leak. Yuk! and what's more, brrrr....

Still fully Spring weather in Boston... light jacket weather first thing in the morning, and usually t-shirtable for the bike ride home from work. Great sleeping weather with the windows cracked open.

20.5C here in south central Washington State USA. Getting way too hot for me already. We got an inch of rain in a storm early Wednesday morning. About 20% of our annual average precipitation in 12 hours.

summer 2016 - a very mixed affair
IMGP2794.jpg

unshattered sky

IMGP2849.jpg

clouds drifting through the streets

IMGP2889.jpg

a real sunny day
Pentax Q7 ISO 100

Holy zombie thread revival batman!

Nice pictures though :)
Drizzly and quite cool for the time of year. Still, glad it's not 25 degrees C or over, because that's just unbearable here.

Hot and humid.....looks like the rest of the week will be uncomfortable. I'll be organizing albums in air-conditioned comfort only to emerge for brief early morning or evening dog walks when the sun isn't so pesky. Where's October?

Back