How's weather at your place?

We've had a brief run of days with cool, foggy mornings warming into sunny, moderate afternoons. Simply stunning. Beginning tomorrow, the sauna heat returns, with temps approaching 100F by the weekend.

82 degrees and mostly sunny at the Jersey Shore today... with post-tropical cyclone Hermine churning a few hundred miles out over the Atlantic Ocean. These shots were quick grabs with my Fuji X-10 at Manasquan Beach. Not many people on the sand - no surprise given the storm warning over the area throughout Labor Day weekend. But the surf wasn't nearly as rough as I had been expecting. There were even some surfers in the water!

DSCF4205 (1).jpg
DSCF4210.jpg
DSCF4216.jpg

We have another heat wave in Portugal, 3 district capitals reached 42º Celcius degrees (108 Fahrenheit) today. This means we most probably had several areas at (or over) 45º.
Last year we had a quite cool Summer, so in average we had two nice Summers...

Simply stunning. My wife and I hiked 4.4 miles along a rail trail nestled high on a cliff face along the New River above Thurmond, WV, then drove down into town and hung out along the river for a while. Despite the beauty of the day and the balmy conditions, we saw very few people. The day use area on the river was deserted except for us. The weather could not have been more comfortable.

DSCF0411.jpg

Ok, so I'm in Johannesburg right now. I normally come here around this time of year.
It is tough to be away from the family and home, but usually it helps thinking that I'm coming to warm weather.
However, today we had 30º C in my home town Porto, North Portugal! It has been like this, or higher, in Portugal for a few days.
This cannot be good.

European weather map: 9GAG - Timeline | Facebook

In my area of upper left USA (out in the desert portion) we've had my favorite kind of weather the past few days. Cool foggy drizzly. Great for pulling up with a mega vat of caffeine, my paints and my pup. I'd pull out my camera(s) but it is so dang boring around here...

We are having an unseasonable warm autumn, which is OK, but I like wearing light jackets and sweaters. I like the in-between temps and am worried it is going to go from 60F to 30F without the nice transition. Fall is my favorite season in general and especially for photography...I should load up shots in the fall colors thread.

Stunningly beautiful ... chilly nights, warmer than usual days, breezy, sunny but with nice clouds in the mixture. Lots of people out and about enjoying the weather. Parks, campgrounds, and rivers are quite busy.

Warmer than normal during the day still, around 70F, sunny but very hazy from the numerous wildfires down in TN. (You should see the satellite images from the smoke plumes.) Cooling off rapidly after sundown, into the low 40s and high 30s. Great weather for evening bike rides, and the atmospheric haze has made for some excellent sunrises & sunsets.

Back