1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How's weather at your side?

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Herman, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    We still got mild weather in The Netherlands.
    Temperatures max. tomorrow up to 14C, wow that's high.
    Seems that spring comes.
    Being a summer lover/fan I'm longing for hot weather.
    How about you?

Best regards, Herman

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    A little less precipitation would float my boat. Na , that don't sound right !.
    A little less rain would make me happy. And a little less wind.
    It was dry enough earlier to gently scrub the new tyres in on my Ducati. That made me smile :smile:

I am also beginning to think I should have kept a weather proof camera !

• Like Like x 2
  3. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    It's just started raining and blowing again.

Which is nice.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fiddler

Fiddler SC Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Colin
    It's been a very mild winter here in Edinburgh, just like last year. Last year I sold my snowshoes and mountaineering skis, as there was so little chance of using them. Just now it's 7c - warmer than it should be.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cheeks69

cheeks69 SC Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    Southeastern, MA
    Robert
    We had a relatively mild few days which melted most of the snow but more cold weather and snow on the way this week :frown:
    I don't like extremes whether they be hot or cold so I'm out of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Predicted 30ºC in town, that means at my back door its going to be closer to 40º. And *steamy* after the rain we had over the last week. I hate humid. I think I need to move back inland.

• Like Like x 1
  7. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Oddly, it got up to 17 C (assuming my conversion is correct) this last week as well. I even got the Harley out a few times. This week, back to -7 to 7 C and scattered snow showers.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    Well, living just an hour or so south of you Garry it's been surprisingly nice here today - very mild and dry (for once). Got out walking the poochess this morning and she didn't get too muddy this time. I was actually tempted to get the car out, drop the roof and go for a drive in the countryside (bike's not on the road yet) but i had 9 wardrobe doors to hang. We'll probably pay for our nice day tomorrow - and for the rest of the week :smile:

What tyres did yer get?

• Like Like x 2
  9. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    This. New England got up to 10C for a few days this weekend, enough to melt a lot of the snow off and clear up some of the paths we bike on, but now it's going to be below freezing for awhile and tomorrow calls for another inch of the fluffy stuff. Predictably, I have February Syndrome.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Since I'm just a tad south of the Berkshires (mountains), I have to report very similar weather as Kyle and Robert. Two days of it being in the high 40s F, gave me a feeling of hope - along with ice and even mud. Back to very cold weather - below zero at night. "February Syndrome" - never heard of that before, Kyle. I think I've had that since just after Christmas.

That said, the goldfinches are enjoying themselves as are the other birds at our feeders.:flowers_2:

Herman, my thanks as always for starting a conversation here on SC! Let's keep those reports coming in! I'll try not to be too envious of you all who are having such good weather.:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  11. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    I grew up in Georgia, where the "winter" means light coats and almost no snow*. So once the wife convinced me to move to Wisconsin (and then to MA for a job 7 years ago), we figured out that you have to either dig in and like the winters, or move away and stop complaining. So we started cross country skiing, among other things. I'm good for most of the winter... I brew stouts instead of IPAs, I make a roaring fire in the wood burning stove at night, we ski, we throw parties, and go sledding every chance we get. But once the temps creep up to 10C like last weekend, I can almost TASTE Spring and it's hard to go back to frozen mud in the backyard & snowy paths.

*this year being one hell of an exception, the poor bastards.

12. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC Top Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    The seemingly constant rain of recent weeks seems to have moderated to frequent showers here in Cheshire/Staffs borderlands. Temps pretty mild over the last few days, up to 12C. Many plants are starting to burgeon (as my old English teacher used to say, a ten and six word) which makes the pessimist in me fear a cold snap. Off to Portugal for the weekend on Friday, I could do with some sun to get rid of the rust...

• Like Like x 1
  13. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Oh, you're a lucky one to be heading off to Portugal! Looking forward to vicarious vacationing, Martin!

14. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
    After a few days of Spring, we are back to winter and it is snowing again!

From deep freeze US east coast...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    Another nice day here - we're being spoiled! I actually got the car out this morning for a run - the roof stayed firmly in the "up" position though I'm afraid. It was a lazy man's drive, the thing was covered in dust from all the recent work on the house so it was far easier to take it out for run and blow it off than to do it manually!

Just looked out of my office window - it's raining again now :frown:

You do know, BB that we Brits LOVE to chat about the weather right? It's our favourite topic of discussion, we're obsessed with it. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  16. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    It was very pleasant over the weekend but it's snowing again today.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Absolutely - "The rain in Spain..." and all that.:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  18. cheeks69

cheeks69 SC Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    Southeastern, MA
    Robert
    Would that be the Algarve area in Portugal ? I know it well and miss the Portimao area in particular, beautiful if you love the beach.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 0dBm

0dBm SC Rookie

Jan 26, 2014
    Southern California
    Mid-60s to low 70s here in SoCal. We're about to get smacked with rain. We sure could use the water tho.

20. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC Top Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    Yes, I'm going to Silves, which looks like a really interesting place from the guidebooks. Not far from Portimao.