How's Your Color Vision

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by olli, Mar 10, 2014.

1. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    While browsing the X-Rite website I came across a link to a do it yourself test to help you assess you colour vision. If you're interested in trying it you'll find it on the X-Rite website. I did it twice and scored 7 and 12 - my weak points occurring in the same areas of the spectrum each time.

2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Oh dear. I did it ages ago and got 12. this time, 24 :( However, compared well with others of my gender and age group

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    I did this test a while back as well Sue, scored 7 then and scored 7 again now. Not too bad for a 63 year old wrinkly I suppose. I used to work for British Telecom years ago and obviously because the work involved lots of colour coded wires I had to undergo a colour blindness test at the job interview. I served my time as an electrical engineer so had known for a while that I had problems with differentiating greys / greens, so on interview day for BT I "winged " it. Whenever I got grey green wires I had to mark one, then cut a bit off both and take them outside into daylight, even then i struggled sometimes and would have to ask a passer-by to tell me which was which. I'd have made a great bomb disposal fella! :smile:

It'll be interesting to see what others here score and the age range

• Like Like x 1
  4. mattia

mattia SC Regular

Dec 20, 2013
    Did it once, scored a 4. Couple of mixups in the acquamarine - I suspect I could do better if I wasn't doing this on my Mac Air screen in semi-direct sunlight ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Hmm, I tried it twice and my mistakes were in third row each time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris2500dk

Chris2500dk SC Top Veteran

Dec 22, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I should probably stick to black and white photography :laugh1:

• Like Like x 1
  7. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    I just did it, on my un-calibrated LG 23" LED monitor, and scored 4 also. And, my problem, was also in the aquamarine spectrum.

8. muzee

muzee SC Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    4 also here. Also in the third row (won't try to give that a name) ... so what gives? Can't be us, must be the software ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    Blimey! Never thought of that - it MUST be the software, no other explanation for it :biggrin:

10. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    There is an explanation, 10% of the male population suffer from blue/green colour blindness, as indeed I do, again it nearly blew my career as an electrical engineer out of the water before it even started.

Barrie