1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

How's Your Color Vision

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by olli, Mar 10, 2014.

1. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    While browsing the X-Rite website I came across a link to a do it yourself test to help you assess you colour vision. If you're interested in trying it you'll find it on the X-Rite website. I did it twice and scored 7 and 12 - my weak points occurring in the same areas of the spectrum each time.

2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Oh dear. I did it ages ago and got 12. this time, 24 :( However, compared well with others of my gender and age group

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    I did this test a while back as well Sue, scored 7 then and scored 7 again now. Not too bad for a 63 year old wrinkly I suppose. I used to work for British Telecom years ago and obviously because the work involved lots of colour coded wires I had to undergo a colour blindness test at the job interview. I served my time as an electrical engineer so had known for a while that I had problems with differentiating greys / greens, so on interview day for BT I "winged " it. Whenever I got grey green wires I had to mark one, then cut a bit off both and take them outside into daylight, even then i struggled sometimes and would have to ask a passer-by to tell me which was which. I'd have made a great bomb disposal fella! :smile:

It'll be interesting to see what others here score and the age range

• Like Like x 1
  4. mattia

mattia SC Regular

Dec 20, 2013
    Did it once, scored a 4. Couple of mixups in the acquamarine - I suspect I could do better if I wasn't doing this on my Mac Air screen in semi-direct sunlight ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Hmm, I tried it twice and my mistakes were in third row each time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris2500dk

Chris2500dk SC Top Veteran

Dec 22, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I should probably stick to black and white photography :laugh1:

• Like Like x 1
  7. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    I just did it, on my un-calibrated LG 23" LED monitor, and scored 4 also. And, my problem, was also in the aquamarine spectrum.

8. muzee

muzee SC Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    4 also here. Also in the third row (won't try to give that a name) ... so what gives? Can't be us, must be the software ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    Blimey! Never thought of that - it MUST be the software, no other explanation for it :biggrin:

10. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    There is an explanation, 10% of the male population suffer from blue/green colour blindness, as indeed I do, again it nearly blew my career as an electrical engineer out of the water before it even started.

Barrie