1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

HTC One S

Discussion in 'Other < 1" Sensor Cameras' started by Lili, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Call me slow but unlike my 'real' cameras I never played much with the settings on my Cell Phone Cameras.
    I have been liking the HTC One S but found the images too processed looking...so I reduced the in-camera sharpness by 2 steps (the max) and saturation by 1.
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/colette_noir/7532923826/" title="HTC One S 072sp by colette_noir, on Flickr"> 7532923826_8cc07f8c4a_b. "1024" height="768" alt="HTC One S 072sp"></a>
    This was shot on my phone, at ISO 1009!!!
    It has detail levels approaching my Nokia N8 but at far highers ISO's!!!

• Like Like x 4
  2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    WOW! Convergence rules, OK?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    I am amazed, Sue. It will not repalce my GRD 3 but it sure means that if all I have is phone I do NOT feel 'under-equipped'!

4. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I have an HTC One S myself and have used the camera function twice. Once to shoot a surprise rainbow and another to take an image of a friend with his new Fiat 500. The results weren't bad. If I can overcome my laziness maybe I'll post them.

5. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    The One (LOL) issue I have with this phpne is that it is so slim, 7.9 mm thick, and light that it is hard to hold still while shooting. The on-screen, touch based shutter release makes this a bit harder too. Would love to find a remote release of some kind for it!

6. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Please do so Biro!

7. greyelm

greyelm SC Top Veteran

Oct 1, 2011
    London, England
    I have an HTC Sensation and I find it difficult to handle with my big hands. If we could use the volume control as a release it would be better.

Lovely picture by the way.

8. gdourado

gdourado SC Regular

Feb 8, 2012
    Out of curiosity, how is the one S as a media player I'm sound quality compared to the 808?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

9. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili

10. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili