I always wanted to stop

Alf

Top Veteran
Saturday morning, some serious clouds came out, and a little wind. So, before meeting my dearest in town, I decided to take a look at a place I often see from afar.

Here it is: stop, turn right, park - enjoy a few minutes before the rain.
The road is straight westwards, and this is the south side. Two takes with E-PL1 and 14-42mkI

5894546324_80ceab5e8a_b.jpg

Before the rain di alfrjw, su Flickr

5893931007_78b24ce12f_b.jpg

Stop, turn right. di alfrjw, su Flickr

End of the road, usual sign : "very private, nothing allowed, go away, you stink, very much not welcome if not a customer". Everywhere in Tuscany you read this kind of signs. So when a human approaches with a hunting carabine I do my "lost tourist" performance, loved by armed thugs everywhere in the world, and move to the tree, pretending to piss while mounting the Lumix 20/1,7.

5893980859_15cb352f09_b.jpg

green and grey di alfrjw, su Flickr

I receive definite instructions on my way back, and put on my hat while it starts to rain.
5894104079_4294dd192b_b.jpg

North di alfrjw, su Flickr

Everything Postprocessed on the iPad with snapseed

That's all for Saturday, and I think I'll spend this afternoon enjoying the sun. At home. :)

Alf, love the photos and what you're getting with your snapseed process - but that story is almost better!:rofl: If I didn't detect the humor, I'd have been more upset...but Tuscany is filled with those signs? That I wouldn't have ever guessed at all. I've always wanted to go there. I thought it was just my town that was filled with those signs - fortunately no guns come out, yet.

Enjoy your day at home in the sun!

Actually, in Tuscany everyone is most welcome if a customer. If a resident, you are a guest - ie. expected to leave,sooner or later, and the fact that you don't leave and you actually buy a house to remain and work there is viewed at least as a curiosity. This is mostly true out of town, but the best example of this slightly tribal view on humanity is Siena. I love it, but I could never belong there - foreigner as in Japan.
That said, Tuscany is home of huge foreign communities, from Italy or from abroad, who enjoy it a lot since generations.
:D

Back