Feedback I am upset

bartjeej

Hall of Famer
I was working on a tread to show some of my holiday this year. After about an hour and a half, I clicked Create Thread, only to see a message that a thread can only have 10 images. I clicked away the popup, and initially i saw my text, but then after checking another tab of my browser, the text i had.typed disappeared into a sort of limbo where i could neither see nor edit it. I couldn't cut part of the text out to copy it into a second post, and i still couldn't post it. In short, an hour and a half of my very rare time off has now gone to shhh, and i am upset. Thanks for letting me vent, and if this could be fixed somehow (i doubt it since i dont understand what happened in the first place), thatd be grand.

When this occurs, I go back and copy my entire post into my clipboard. I then delete the second half of it and post what's left. Then I 'reply' to my own post, pasting the entire post into the response, then delete what I included in the first post.

I was working on a tread to show some of my holiday this year. After about an hour and a half, I clicked Create Thread, only to see a message that a thread can only have 10 images. I clicked away the popup, and initially i saw my text, but then after checking another tab of my browser, the text i had.typed disappeared into a sort of limbo where i could neither see nor edit it. I couldn't cut part of the text out to copy it into a second post, and i still couldn't post it. In short, an hour and a half of my very rare time off has now gone to shhh, and i am upset. Thanks for letting me vent, and if this could be fixed somehow (i doubt it since i dont understand what happened in the first place), thatd be grand.

Just a thought - are you able to put the cursor into the same window in which the text was being edited before it disappeared? If so, then you might try the keystroke ctrl+a (select all) followed by ctrl+c (copy).

Sometimes I have experienced similar situations, in which the text that was being typed 'moves' off-screen, but is still somewhere within some sort of notional 'bounds' of the dialogue box. If that turns out to be the case here, then this might capture the text, after which you could just paste the text into a new window, or into a document. Hope it works.

Thanks for all the suggestions and commiserations, yalls... it helps :friends:

I typed it all out on my phone (which is why it took so long), so i cant put my cursor anywhere. I tried selecting all of the text by pressing down on the empty-looking text box, but nothing happened. Tried moving back and forth in the browser a few times. Too late to copypaste, although it will be a while before i forget to do that again... i guess that's the only positive in all of this.

Dunno when i'll have the time and mindset to retype my post, but we'll see.

Again, thanks for listening and for your suggestions, i feel better now. Also my girlfriend, angel that she is, sat me down to put some physical photos in frames, giving me some of that satisfaction after all.

Back