1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

I entered the Leica Oskar Barnack competition

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Jock Elliott, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    If anyone cares to have a look, here's a link to my entry Leica Oskar Barnack Award

All of the pictures were taken with either the Canon G12 or an Olympus D-550.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nikki

nikki SC Top Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Dublin ,Ireland
    wow ! super stuff jock - good luck !

3. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    Nikki,

Kind of you to say. I just like taking pictures of the sky.

- Jock

4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Jock, good for you! Show's you how much I know...I'd assumed one had to have taken the photos with a Leica to enter the competition. I am particularly taken with your fall scene...with the lake - simply glorious colors and what a view. Please keep us posted on the competition's outcome and good for you for entering!

5. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    BB,

Thanks for the kind words. It was clear once you got into the application process that you didn't have to use a Leica to take the pix. I had to ask if I qualified to enter because I am a fulltime writer who takes photos sometimes to illustrate my stories. Leica's communications department said it would be OK if I enter.

- Jock

• Like Like x 1
  6. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Jock, I'm sure I'm not alone in being interested in your writing. If you ever feel like sharing any of your publications, that would be great.

7. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Very cool! Love the colors!

8. David_Manning

David_Manning SC Regular

Aug 23, 2011
    Aledo, Texas
    Terrific views. Good luck!

9. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    BB,

Well, since you asked . . .

here's a link to the blog I write every week for Airguns of Arizona http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/blog/

scroll down a bit, and you'll see some of what I usually do with cameras.

Here's an article I ghost wrote for a client: "A Shift for the Better," Feature Article, April 2008

A link to a book I wrote: Airguns of Arizona - Elliott on Airguns

I mostly write for scientific, technical, and medical organizations, but I have also written articles for Popular Communications, Monitoring Times, QST, Passport to World Band Radio, Sky and Telescope, Traditional Bowhunting, African Bowhunter, Precision Shooting, The Accurate Rifle, Cruising World, and Guideposts, to name a few.

- Jock