I feel this forum is now my home - Thank you!

Discussion in 'Philosophy of Photography' started by Ghosthunter, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo! Subscribing Member

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I have been doing photography as a hobby for over 3 years now and have had all manner of DSLR's and a fair few P&S cameras. I have also been a member of another photography forum and have racked up nearly 4,800 posts!! BUT the DSLR was always a cumbersome beast and i was never 100% happy until Micro 4/3 came along. I am now very happy with the size and performance of my cameras and also finding a forum that just enjoy each others company and images without the constant one up manship and picking technical holes in every image you post.

This is now my home where we can discuss photography in a relaxed and friendly manner and can just enjoy the images posted. SO a big thank you to all members for making this forum so special.:smile:

• Like Like x 5
  2. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    This is my home too. I don't really post my photos anywhere else except for maybe a few on Flickr.

• Like Like x 4
  3. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Same here. I abandoned lurking or posting on pretty much all other forums to get more involved here. Great group of people - helpful, friendly, focusing on what matters. Thanks all.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Penny

Penny SC Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Outside Liverpool Uk
    I agree Andy; but I like TraamisVOS also post on Flickr and try daily to post on blipfoto.com, the knowledge I have gained from this particular forum is enormous I just wish it could have been a few years ago when I was younger.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ghosthunter

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Your as young as you feel! :thumbup:

• Like Like x 3
  6. Penny

Penny SC Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Outside Liverpool Uk
    Don't even go there Andy...

• Like Like x 3
  7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    What a wonderful way to start my Sunday morning - speaking as a eastern seaboard "colonial" here in the states.

Serious Compacts has become what it is thanks to Amin's generosity in reviving the site, enlarging it and setting the tone in its guidelines and the other integral is us - we the people, the members here who take time to stop in and post our photographs, share our reactions and thoughts, and have not a few laughs in the process. I like the atmosphere here, too, and my thanks to everyone for continuing to help make it the comfortable and interesting place it is. :grouphug:

I have to admit that I do like to read about the "how to" side of things, and have learned quite a bit myself...and, yes, I even enjoy reading about new cameras, too - hence my signature line.:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ghosthunter

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Yes the Mods need to be thanked for keeping the site as good as it is. Thank you mods!

BB- Not long now and your sig will hopefully say something like 'Proud Fuji X100' owner' :biggrin:

• Like Like x 4
  9. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    This surely is a GREAT forum with GREAT members !
    Thanks all of you !

• Like Like x 2
  10. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Ditto to what everyone has said!! It's so refreshing to have civilized discussions and meet nice folks who are polite and responsive. My best regards to all of you. Just wish I actually lived closer to all of you so that we could all get together over coffee, beer, wine or whatever else, trade stories and share our love for photography!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    I'd like to feel at home here. I feel like I'm visiting with some friends at their home.
    It's cool cause many of youse visit my home across the street.
    Good group here.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend Subscribing Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    My home has more comfortable furniture, but this is a nice corner watering hole with fine folks and a nice place to hang out. But I'm an alcoholic and have to stop in to every bar in town to see what's new on tap. So I stop in across the hall and at DPR too because there's even information to be gleaned there also once you sift through all of the fistfights and manage to find the quiet table where the deals get done.

-Ray

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ghosthunter

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Now wouldn't that be nice. Maybe if/when I win the Lottery eh!!:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2