I finally pulled the trigger, new to me x70

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by davidzvi, Feb 11, 2017.

1. davidzvi

davidzvi SC Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    David
    After much internal (and external) debate I finally pulled the trigger and picked up an x70. I found a local sale for a pretty decent looking one with the Fuji half case and 2 extra batteries at a good price. Maybe I'll try and get some pictures of the storm that should be hitting my area in the next few days.

• Like Like x 5
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Congrats - enjoy and share some pics.

3. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Great.. we'll be eager to learn your impressions and see your results.

4. rayvonn

rayvonn SC Top Veteran

Jan 19, 2015
    The quality coming out of these 28mm APSC compacts is impressive, I think this will be a long honeymoon period for you.

5. Burkey

Burkey SC Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Northern New England
    Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing your first round of images from the X70.
    . . . David

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend Subscribing Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Enjoy! I tried one for a while when they first came out and liked it a lot. Not enough to make it worth selling my Coolpix A to buy one, but if I was buying today, I'd probably go for the X70 over the GRII. Fun camera...

7. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I'm in the throes of prepping my unloved cameras for sale... I think the X70 is going on my list. It seems like its as small as either the GR or the Coolpix A, but with the benefits (as I see it) of dials and buttons of the retro kind. Thats what attracted me to the X100, originally, along with the hybrid viewfinder. Lately I have been finding I just dont use the viewfinder at all, so... this, with its wider angle and faster everything might just be the ticket. :)

8. davidzvi

davidzvi SC Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    David
    Well I have a long way to go, and the weather Gods are being demons this weekend. But here is a start. There's a cupcake bakery a few towns over and we went out to get something for a birthday party. Have yo play with processing a bit, these were done in LR but one of the reason I picked it over the Ricoh or Nikon A was my fond memories of my S5 Pro and SOOC results.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  9. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Really nice shoits, David (and now, give me cupcakes!). I get that about SOOC, I've found that eventually with my X100 I just stopped shooting RAW because, really, didnt need to. what was coming out of the camera was what I would have done in post. That said, Fuji's smaller sensors are really smeary in jpg SOOC. I kept wanting to like them but... nope. Only the X APS series, I reckon.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  10. davidzvi

davidzvi SC Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    David
    Sorry, might be a little stale by the time it would get to you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. davidzvi

davidzvi SC Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    David
    Not too bad at 3200 ISO _DSF5048. .

• Like Like x 7
  12. rayvonn

rayvonn SC Top Veteran

Jan 19, 2015
    Er, extremely impressive at iso 3200.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NoSeconds

NoSeconds SC Veteran

Jan 1, 2017
    Troy
    I had a play with ine of these in a shop, with the full intention of buying it that day, but sfter handling it for about 20min put it down and walked out... It just didnt feel right, too slippery to hold propely and too heavy for its size...

14. davidzvi

davidzvi SC Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    David
    I hear you on this. The half case helps a lot with handling, basically makes it about the same size and weight as my GX85 body alone. I've considered going out with this and GX85 + 9mm body cap lens. With the built in TC on the X70 I'd have: 18 / 27 / 35 / 50.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    You're trying to make us all fat, right?? Seriously. It looks like a nice camera.

16. davidzvi

davidzvi SC Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    David
    The Cupcakes are great.

17. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Lexington, Virginia
    Steve
    I'm going to Washington DC on Sunday for a three day convention with lots of museum opportunities. I plan to take just the X70. I'm hoping this will provide some "get acquainted" time. That FL is usually pretty good for DC.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2