Fuji I finally pulled the trigger, new to me x70

Enjoy! I tried one for a while when they first came out and liked it a lot. Not enough to make it worth selling my Coolpix A to buy one, but if I was buying today, I'd probably go for the X70 over the GRII. Fun camera...

I'm in the throes of prepping my unloved cameras for sale... I think the X70 is going on my list. It seems like its as small as either the GR or the Coolpix A, but with the benefits (as I see it) of dials and buttons of the retro kind. Thats what attracted me to the X100, originally, along with the hybrid viewfinder. Lately I have been finding I just dont use the viewfinder at all, so... this, with its wider angle and faster everything might just be the ticket. :)

Well I have a long way to go, and the weather Gods are being demons this weekend. But here is a start. There's a cupcake bakery a few towns over and we went out to get something for a birthday party. Have yo play with processing a bit, these were done in LR but one of the reason I picked it over the Ricoh or Nikon A was my fond memories of my S5 Pro and SOOC results.

Attachments

• DSCF5005.jpg
    DSCF5005.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCF5009.jpg
    DSCF5009.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCF5010.jpg
    DSCF5010.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 74
Well I have a long way to go, and the weather Gods are being demons this weekend. But here is a start. There's a cupcake bakery a few towns over and we went out to get something for a birthday party. Have yo play with processing a bit, these were done in LR but one of the reason I picked it over the Ricoh or Nikon A was my fond memories of my S5 Pro and SOOC results.

Really nice shoits, David (and now, give me cupcakes!). I get that about SOOC, I've found that eventually with my X100 I just stopped shooting RAW because, really, didnt need to. what was coming out of the camera was what I would have done in post. That said, Fuji's smaller sensors are really smeary in jpg SOOC. I kept wanting to like them but... nope. Only the X APS series, I reckon.

Really nice shoits, David (and now, give me cupcakes!). I get that about SOOC, I've found that eventually with my X100 I just stopped shooting RAW because, really, didnt need to. what was coming out of the camera was what I would have done in post. That said, Fuji's smaller sensors are really smeary in jpg SOOC. I kept wanting to like them but... nope. Only the X APS series, I reckon.

Sorry, might be a little stale by the time it would get to you.

I had a play with ine of these in a shop, with the full intention of buying it that day, but sfter handling it for about 20min put it down and walked out... It just didnt feel right, too slippery to hold propely and too heavy for its size...

I had a play with ine of these in a shop, with the full intention of buying it that day, but sfter handling it for about 20min put it down and walked out... It just didnt feel right, too slippery to hold propely and too heavy for its size...
I hear you on this. The half case helps a lot with handling, basically makes it about the same size and weight as my GX85 body alone. I've considered going out with this and GX85 + 9mm body cap lens. With the built in TC on the X70 I'd have: 18 / 27 / 35 / 50.

Attachments

• P1010069.jpg
    P1010069.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 71
  • P1010070.jpg
    P1010070.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 66
  • P1010074.jpg
    P1010074.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 71
  • P1010075.jpg
    P1010075.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 67
You're trying to make us all fat, right?? Seriously. It looks like a nice camera.

I'm going to Washington DC on Sunday for a three day convention with lots of museum opportunities. I plan to take just the X70. I'm hoping this will provide some "get acquainted" time. That FL is usually pretty good for DC.

Last edited:
Back