I had a GAS attack...

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Isoterica, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    ...of sorts anyway :D. My geekdom knows no bounds but I love it. Early Mother's Day.​

Got a Fossil camera necklace last year. If I change hobbies I need new jewelry!​

• Like Like x 5
  2. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Love it! Not my color though. I look better with silver!

3. Isoterica

Dec 6, 2011
    The other one is silver ;)

4. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Will you sell it to me? ;)

Just kidding! :)

5. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Those are great, Kristen.

But... I think the Pentax Q is smaller than that pendant, and you can change lenses. Sorry, just have to point that out.

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Very neat - do they do keyrings?

7. Isoterica

Dec 6, 2011
    Armando here is the Camera Charm from Fossil :p ..

Bill, you could probably clip the Fossil charm to a keychain if you were serious [btw it is a little leathery skin on it].. Betsey Johnson doesn't have a keychain. I guess there is a bracelet too though,more charms, different style, black crystals all over the camera.

Kyle I saw that camera kit it was soooooo cute. Tiny even for my girl hands. Seriously I would wear that itty bitty thing around my neck. A bit expensive for jewelry though and not that best in iq I hear.

• Like Like x 1
  8. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    :biggrin:

I have to make a confession (inspired by Ray's podcast confession, but this will be much, much darker)....

I bought a Q during the Amazon lightning deal (think it was $450). :eek:

I was looking for a super compact for my wife, something with a built-in flash, as my wife wasn't taking her E-PL3 out that much and, when she did, usually she left the flash at home (external). I had been scouting for a discount S95 for a couple months when that lightning deal for the Q came up.

The funny thing was, when we opened the box, I was the one that was like "awwwwww, how cute!" My wife preferred the looks of her red E-PL3 with Gordy strap. But, so far, it has been a good purchase. She takes it out much more often than she did the Oly and the images are pretty good, with the fast-ish prime and big DoF helping out on her indoor family pics, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Hijacking thread now ... what color did you get Kyle?

I thought about getting one for my fiancé as well. Over Christmas, I got her a purple EPM1 (in sale at Best Buy), a black GF3 (lightning sale on Amazon) and a purple Canon HS200 or something like that (on sale at Best Buy). Ended up returning them all as she still likes my Canon S90 that she's been "borrowing."

10. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    [yup, sorry for the hijack, Kristen!]

Hey, Armando. The choices were black or black for the lightning deal. :smile: But... I kinda think she would have liked the white better and I would have went that way if it was an option.

I probably should have waited for a S90 or S95 to pop up (slimmer, zoom lens, a bit better at high ISO). I rationalized the Q with prime based on most of her pictures being family candids... also, definitely has some fun/cute factor going, especially when you pop up that flash. It's like something out of WALL-E.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Isoterica

Dec 6, 2011
    See how confession works? Now that the burden is off your chest you can breathe easier. Plus you had a valid excuse.. a wife :D It's ALL for her!

• Like Like x 2
  12. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    I can skip therapy this week! :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Isoterica

Dec 6, 2011
    Yes! A shiney gold star for you this week Kyle!

• Like Like x 1