1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

I hope this NEX 7 rumor is not true!

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by Janis, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Janis

Janis SC Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    Central Texas
    Latest rumor says its main competitor will be the GH2. That doesn't sound like it will be a rangefinder, which would be very disappointing to me. sonyalpharumors | Home

• Like Like x 2
  2. summerkl

summerkl SC Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Kevin
    That would be an odd path to take as the A33/A55 seem to cover that market segment niche already at a similar price point.

My very short want list on the NEX would be in-body IBIS - then I could stop thinking about getting an Olympus m43 again :)

3. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    I don't think you'll get IBIS. They already made that decision, and the kit lens has IS. I think it's the wrong decision, but it seems that ship has sailed.

I also agreen that a GH2 NEX7 would be what -- a very slightly smaller a55 but without IBIS?? What's the point. That doesn't make any sense.

4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Janis, thanks for this link to the SonyAlphaRumors site sonyalpharumors | Home and for your views on what you're hoping for, as well. Glad to have you here on Serious Compacts, as well. If you feel like it, stop by the Welcomes and Introductions forum when you have the chance.:flowers_2: