I like the GRD more and more

Discussion in 'Ricoh Forum' started by kyteflyer, Jul 14, 2011.

1. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Or, rather, I am becoming more used to it, I suppose.

[​IMG]

I did have some shots of the ducks at relatively close range, but either my hands werent steady, or I was unfocussed. No idea which but it made for some rubbish. I was fairly happy with this one.

Shot at Lake Macquarie, NSW Australia (Belmont South) at 5pm on a freezing Thursday.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    Beautiful

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    lovely Kyte

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Very nice Sue! I'm really liking this little camera as well. I'm using it for mostly B&W but every now and then some color crawls out of it and, as you're showing, its a very capable camera for color as well. I'm down to the GRD3 and the X100 at the moment, with the LX5 mostly for backup. I have a bunch of m43 lenses waiting patiently for the new EPL3, but until that shows up in another month or two, its basically these two fixed lens cameras and I'm real happy with just those two.

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  5. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Great!

• Like Like x 1
  6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I agree, its wonderful for B&W, but its actually really flexible. Its a matter of working out what its strengths are. I prefer to use it, usually, for macros. It does those wonderfully well whether B&W or colour :)

I was very unsure about getting the X100, much as I *wanted* to have it. Getting the GRD has shown me that I *can* use a single focal length, and I can still manage a camera with no image stabilisation/shake reductions/vibration compensation or whatever you want to call it. I confess to preferring to having it, but I am enjoying this camera so much, its stopped being of concern. (Therefore the X100 is in my sights... its tax time, maybe my tax return wont be as sparse as I expect, and I will be able to get it)

7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Such a serene scene. I feel a sigh of relaxation as I look at this picture, Sue. Many thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    More from this little wonder
    1) submitted to SIJ but here it is again
    [​IMG]

2) Taken as the same time as the first one, just swung the camera from Northeast to West
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Nice light you've captured here Sue.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    I love this one

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Me too. Absorbing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    [​IMG]

Shot this a week or so ago and had forgotten. Its an old building in town which has been long used by the TAFE (technical and further education for those of you not Aussie) arts department.

13. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    [​IMG]

Tom sleeping in his favourite spot, on the back of the chair I sit in for reading or TV watching. He likes to be under the lamp

• Like Like x 6
  14. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Tom knows a good thing when he feels it. One of our cats loves that spot too - well, not on your chair of course. He looks perfectly content - very nice close-up, Sue. How old is Tom? He looks as though he's a sweety.

• Like Like x 1
  15. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    He knows which side his bread is buttered on. He came to me as a wild child, 9 years ago, living under the bushes in my backyard. The vet said at the time that he was about 2, and because his teeth and general health were not so good, he also thought he had probably been fending for himself for a good 12-18 months. He's now 11, and a very contented lad.