i LOLed

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Luke, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    I know many of you have bookmarked the website I'm about to reference for the insightful camera reporting, but this line I read tonight ("Arthur is being charged with reckless endangerment of cameras and lenses and the unlawful possession of exhausted desiccant packs") had me doubled over with laughter.

If you like satirical humor, put your hands together for the comedic cameraholic writings of John Flores...... http://newcameranews.com/2014/02/18...ands-of-neglected-cameras-and-lenses-rescued/

Hey waitress.....when you have a second, I'll take a bourbon on the rocks. And buy Mr. Flores whatever he's having.
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    I would laugh. But it's too close to home for comfort.
  3. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Brilliant!! Made me laugh. But again as above...A bit to close to home!!:biggrin:
  4. He does add some humor.
  5. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    Flores owes me money. Twenty-five cents at least. For laundry detergent. I keep wetting myself when I read his stuff.

Check this out: http://newcameranews.com/2014/02/04/review-hasselblad-hv/

The following had me howling on the floor, yelling "Oh, please stop!":

"As a special concierge feature, Hasselblad will, for a considerable sum, glue the mode dial to the P position, which of course stands for Perfect photos. And lest you accuse Hasselblad of cutting corners, the glue is made from the finest thoroughbreds and aged in oak casks for ten years."

John, if you ever get to my neck of the woods, the coffee and pie are on me.

Cheers, Jock
  7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    The "Onion" of photography - classic stuff...

8. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    Thx all! If they strike a little close to home, it's only because half of the time I'm writing about myself and my camera-obsessed habits and ticks.

...and I'll have a bourbon on the rocks too...
    • Like Like x 3
  9. ryanshoots

ryanshoots SC Regular

Apr 22, 2012
    Very funny. Thanks for sharing.

I'm going to offer myself up as a rescue home. I'll take in those cameras and lenses until they can find them a long term adoption family.
  10. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    The RSPP needs to be incorporated into the SC lexicon.
    • Like Like x 1