I missed the best sunset we had this year...

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by pniev, Aug 28, 2013.

1. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Yesterday we had the best sunset of this year (netherlands). Pink, red, orange, yellow. Fantastic. And I was in a car without camera or phone. :dash2:

As soon as I got home, I grabbed my camera, ran to the balcony and took this shot. Too late to see "the real thing" but still some colors. I processed with Velvia 100F- and boosted the red, oranges, and yellows a bit. Reality was pretty close to this (I hope).
  2. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    I feel for you mate! If it's any consolation, I was locked up in the library, at least you got to see it and now have a great memory of a beautiful sunset!
  3. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Heh, that happens to me too often...

At least you got a pretty shot! :smile:
  4. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    Sometimes you gotta say, "I forgot the camera. I'll just appreciate and remember this moment."
  5. entropic remnants

entropic remnants SC All-Pro

Mar 3, 2013
    John Griggs
    I am literally never without a camera. It appears that you should not be either!

I get teased for it. I don't care.

Nice shot and I like the color gradient and it's obvious it must have been spectacular.
  6. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Wise words!
  7. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Thanks! A good lesson. It was indeed spectacular. i had a chance to see another sunset this evening (with camera. I will post tomorrow) but it was far less spectacular.

But to quote John Flores: "sometimes you have to enjoy the moment". And I did