I need more bags

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by tonyturley, May 28, 2017.

1. tonyturley

tonyturley SC Top Veteran

Nov 24, 2014
    Scott Depot, WV, USA
    Tony
    In black, of course.

DSCF8464.JPG

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    I am not sure that even Imelda Marcos had that many bags! Do you have the shoes to go with them? :eek:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. tonyturley

Nov 24, 2014
    Scott Depot, WV, USA
    Tony
    LOL ... not quite, although I'm getting there. ;)

4. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Lexington, Virginia
    Steve
    You do need a bag for that tripod.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. tonyturley

Nov 24, 2014
    Scott Depot, WV, USA
    Tony
    I had one and lost it.

• Sad Sad x 1
  6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Tony, a man after my own heart. I think I have as many, plus one for the tripod!

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. tonyturley

Nov 24, 2014
    Scott Depot, WV, USA
    Tony
    Dare I mention that another one is arriving tomorrow? I rotate through a few of those based on the circumstances, but a couple of others didn't work out as I had hoped, and one came with a camera I bought. There were a couple more I've owned that I no longer have. All black, of course. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I must confess to havign two which arent black. One red, (a "snoot" bag) and one sort of brownish. Oh wait. Then theres the navy blue one which I have had since 1973... OK, Not all black here :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. marlof

marlof Trying to focus Subscribing Member

Dec 25, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Marlof
    I had many, many large bags for my DSLR equipment. When I sold my E-system because I wanted a smaller system, I gave every buyer (people I knew from a Dutch forum) a pick of a bag of their choice for free (as a surprise gift; I didn't advertise with it). I even sent a spare one to Australia once (curious if Mark "stilllshunter" still uses that one).

Micro Four Thirds would be just that: a micro collection of a camera and very few small lenses in a single small bag.

Gone was the clutter, happiness awaited.

Alas I only dealt with the symptoms but didn't cure the illness. Now I have many, many smaller bags for my ever growing collection of camera bodies and lenses. I no longer sell old gear, but that doesn't stop me from acquiring new gear. Which needs new bags. And I know all the excuses. Weather proofed. Or low weight. A backpack for cycling. One for walking. Messenger style bags (yep, plural...). Bags for one body one lens. One body two lenses. One body several lenses. Prime system. Zoom system. Two bodies and a few lenses. Small bags that I can throw in my work bag. Big bags that can carry stuff next to camera stuff. A bag for the kitchen sink.

My tripod has no bag. Hmmmm.

Help.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  10. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    I don't have that many bags, still learning after trial and error! I have a green National Geographic shoulder bag that isn't big enough, a tiny leather one that came free with a camera (useless!) and in the end I bought myself a "Changing Bag" from Mammas & Pappas in black quilted nylon which has done the job up until now, although the shoulder strap isn't padded and can start to become painful after a long day. I just bough a Jo Totes mint green bag..... I have to go to a wedding in a couple of weeks. It's probably the only "real" camera bag I've bought that promises to house my collection!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    I really should stay out of this thread... At a quick mental tot-up I think I'm up to five actual camera bags that I use on a regular basis. Oh... no, six.

Then I have a number of Billingham Hadley (large and small) inserts. These go into non-camera bags to make them kit-friendly. If you count those it's another four or five.

Then there are a couple of briefcases...

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. bassman

bassman SC Rookie

Feb 12, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    The Bassman
    Five bags in semi-regular rotation:
    Camera + 1 or 2 lenses
    Camera + 1 or 2 lenses + iPad
    Camera + 3 lenses + iPad plus accessories
    Everything (2 bodies, 5-6 lenses including 100-400 & 40-150, filters, etc.)

Plus a basket full of pouches, sleeves, wraps, etc.

Plus several tripod bags for several tripods.

Plus two old rectangular bags used for long-term storage of unused gear.

• Like Like x 2
  13. tonyturley

Nov 24, 2014
    Scott Depot, WV, USA
    Tony
    The new handlebar bag turned out to be too small, so I returned it. However, the bag you see on the very top, a Lowepro Inverse 100 AW, is about to get a makeover. I've used it on many hikes and bike rides, but I've never cared for the waist belt. I ordered a Rixen and Kaul Klickfix system to convert it into a handlebar bag. I'm going to slice off the waist straps, and insert a piece of coroplast behind the foam padding to reinforce the mount. I could have ordered a ready-made KlickFix handlebar bag, but it occurred to me a little frugality and thinking outside the box was in order. Stay tuned.

• Like Like x 1
  14. tonyturley

Nov 24, 2014
    Scott Depot, WV, USA
    Tony
    The parts arrived, and the bag has been converted. I used the same mounting system and process as this fellow: Turn A Camera Bag Into a Handlebar Bag - BIKEPACKING.com , although my bag isn't as high end as a Crumpler Kashgar Outpost. My reattaching of the seam on the inside didn't turn out as neat, either, but it's serviceable. Here are some pics showing before and after I chopped up the bag. Weather permitting, I plan on a 20 mile ride Saturday with the X-T1 and a small film camera riding up front in the "new" bag.

Before.JPG
    After1.JPG
    After2.JPG

• Like Like x 2