I Recommend this Nice Photo Website

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by ReD, Apr 5, 2013.

1. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Doesn't seem to be a general forum so I'll post this link here as he does a lot of landscape work

I find most of his work sublime

Mark Littlejohn
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Thanks ReD......a cursory glance tells me I will burn much of the afternoon here. The link is fine here, but whenever in doubt about where to put something, it can always go "the Watering Hole" which is just like hanging out and covers all topics. You can find it here...... The Watering Hole
  3. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    Some good stuff.
  4. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    This same guy won the Sunday Times Landscape Photographer of the year Award 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  5. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Thanks! I had not seen your thread so I am glad you added a post. Very inspiring! His site is bookmarked now.

6. PJacobs

PJacobs SC Veteran

Apr 7, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for the link. Fun that he adds a little something about the photo.
  7. nippa

nippa SC Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2010
    Cheshire UK
    Thanks for the link.
    That's some of the nicest stuff I've seen for some time ; he obviously gets out of bed earlier than me.
  8. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Gosh I feel like a bit of miserable old git here, because when I opened his black and white gallery I literally recoiled from the images - a feeling of too loud and insistent.

Not to my taste anyway
  9. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    the winning colour photo is not my favourite of his either - can't find my selected fav of his BW's on this link- I'll post a link if I unearth it
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
  11. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    As I am more than a little familiar with most of the locations of his local shots. I'd say he has really captured the atmosphere of the area very well.
    I do feel inspired by his black and white images. I just wish I had the time to wait around for the right light !
  12. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    he often takes photos on his way to work - an early early riser
  13. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I couldn't get anything to load on his portfolio site so I just went to his 500px account. He sure has some beautiful images and I quite like his B&Ws, but I feel that some of the colour work is a too low contrast and HDR-like for my tastes.
  14. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    I sometimes earmark websites like this, they act as inspiration for when I can't be bothered getting out of bed early enough to go catch photos like these. He's good, and that is now top of my "list" of inspirational websites, thanks for posting, ReD :2thumbs:
  15. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013