I stumbled onto the site...

...while surfing the web yesterday in search of user experiences with the Sigma DP1 Merrill, one of which I just purchased last week. I liked the positive tones of the posts and responses and this is what compelled me to sign up. I'm primarily a shooter of film, although I also occasionally shoot digital with a Canon 7D or Canon 6D. I'm based in Huntington Beach, California, although I hail originally from Rutherglen, Scotland.

Welcome Brian, You are obviously a man of discerning taste to have joined this great photography (and gear) forum. Please share some of your photographs as time permits. Those Sigma cameras are quite phenomenal.

Welcome Brian, You are obviously a man of discerning taste to have joined this great photography (and gear) forum. Please share some of your photographs as time permits. Those Sigma cameras are quite phenomenal.
:D Thanks, Luke. I appreciate the welcome. Here's a photo I recently shot. This is Jeffro Bodeen, a very good blues musician, on Huntington Beach Pier a couple of weeks ago. I shot this with my Canon F1 and Canon FD17mm f4 with Kodak Tri-X 400 that I processed in Rodinal.

p879015431-5.jpg

Not sure what an RPFer is, but welcome anyway! We're all just stumbling along, so stumbling upon this place is the best way to arrive!

Glad there are still people shooting film. Also glad I'm not anymore. Spent too many long looooong nights in college darkrooms back in the day.

-Ray

Welcome! Don't forget to check out the "fun with film cameras" thread. There are a number of us who still shoot film. I shoot mostly digital, but enough film that it was worthwhile to reconstitute my darkroom, albeit scaled down from it's former large format glory.

Thank you one and all for the warm, welcoming salutations. Much appreciated!

"RPFer"=A member of the Real Photographers Forum. I coined the acronym myself,...not sure if any other RPFers use it. RPF is a smaller place than the Photographers Lounge, but no less welcoming and positive.

Thanks again everyone. I look forward to participating. :)

Back