I stumbled onto the site...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by brian moore, Mar 8, 2015.

1. ...while surfing the web yesterday in search of user experiences with the Sigma DP1 Merrill, one of which I just purchased last week. I liked the positive tones of the posts and responses and this is what compelled me to sign up. I'm primarily a shooter of film, although I also occasionally shoot digital with a Canon 7D or Canon 6D. I'm based in Huntington Beach, California, although I hail originally from Rutherglen, Scotland.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Welcome Brian, You are obviously a man of discerning taste to have joined this great photography (and gear) forum. Please share some of your photographs as time permits. Those Sigma cameras are quite phenomenal.
  3. :D Thanks, Luke. I appreciate the welcome. Here's a photo I recently shot. This is Jeffro Bodeen, a very good blues musician, on Huntington Beach Pier a couple of weeks ago. I shot this with my Canon F1 and Canon FD17mm f4 with Kodak Tri-X 400 that I processed in Rodinal.

• Like Like x 7
  4. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Welcome & I look forward to your photos - You will find others from RPF here also
  5. Thank you ReD. I know one other RPFer (Julian), don't know who the others are.
  6. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Ah .. I had the impression there were more - in which case more would be welcome
  7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Not sure what an RPFer is, but welcome anyway! We're all just stumbling along, so stumbling upon this place is the best way to arrive!

Glad there are still people shooting film. Also glad I'm not anymore. Spent too many long looooong nights in college darkrooms back in the day.

8. dipso

dipso SC Regular

Jan 23, 2014
    Brighton, UK
  9. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
  10. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello Brian and welcome.
  11. SnapDawg

SnapDawg Rorschach Test Pilot

Apr 18, 2014
    Canary Islands
    Welcome Brian. What better start than a Tri-X shot. (I love the smell of Rodinal in .........)
  12. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 SC Top Veteran

Feb 6, 2015
    Central Ohio, USA
    Welcome! This is a great place to visit, learn and share!!
  13. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    That's a great shot, Brian. He's got a face like Paul McCartney at about 30 years old.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jock Elliott

Jock Elliott SC All-Pro

Jan 3, 2012
    Troy, NY
    Smells like photography?

And -- welcome, Brian!

Cheers, Jock
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  15. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Welcome! Don't forget to check out the "fun with film cameras" thread. There are a number of us who still shoot film. I shoot mostly digital, but enough film that it was worthwhile to reconstitute my darkroom, albeit scaled down from it's former large format glory.
  16. davidzvi

davidzvi SC Regular

Apr 18, 2014

Something must be wrong with me I read that quickly and was trying to figure out who posted something about a reefer. :oops:
  17. Thank you one and all for the warm, welcoming salutations. Much appreciated!

"RPFer"=A member of the Real Photographers Forum. I coined the acronym myself,...not sure if any other RPFers use it. RPF is a smaller place than the Photographers Lounge, but no less welcoming and positive.

Thanks again everyone. I look forward to participating. :)
    • Like Like x 1