I think I'm about to have a photo published in the NY Times

KillRamsey

Hall of Famer
Name
Kyle
They interviewed my wife about her website, and asked for suitable photos. I sent them a few, and it sounds like 1) they're going to publish the article, 2) it will not just be online but also in print (Travel section), and 3) they're going to use this photo from Plum Island last Fall:

15469617505_a8423f172e_b.jpg
KBRX6054RT
by gordopuggy, on Flickr

...so if you get the Times, keep an eye out in the next week or two, and say "oh I know the guy who took that mediocre shot."

P.S. - I'm going to start calling myself a "Published in the NY Times" photographer, and feeling super smug about it. :)

Awesome Kyle! Once you see it online, please share the link. I don't get the hard copy of the Times, but sometimes read it online...

I'm interested in the photo AND the article about your wife's website...

-Ray

i love being smug. It makes me feel like I'm better than everybody else. :D
I'm so smug, I use SmugMug to host my photos. Though, not being smug about my mug, a rarely upload a selfie.

Congrats. Kyle. Actually, it's a pretty nice shot -- good color, nice lines, with lovely reflections on the wet sand.

no photo credit is WEAK. It seems to imply that the author of the article also supplied the photo. I knew the state of journalism today was in the toilet, but I expected more from the NY Times.

I like your wife's web-site a lot more than the skimpy Times article. But, still, good on them to give the site a mention. Be interesting how much more traffic she gets as a result...

-Ray

Congrats! I'd definitely send a message to the writer and ask for photo credit. And it they don't respond, escalate to her editor. The New York Times should care enough to fix this.

Back