Sony I think this might be it ... a7 drawing me away from m43 (lots of images)

I never thought that Sony would capture my imagination in this way :love:

Agreed. When NEX first came out, it just wasn't sexy. Even my much-loved RX100 is not fun to use. Merely incredibly useful. The a7 feels like a true camera (never tried the RX1).

Wait a minute, isn't there a WTB over on FM for an E-M10?o_O
I'm sure there are lots, but do you mean my WTB?? :)

Yeah, I was toying with a two body solution for events and kids sports (wider prime on one, telephoto on the other). But I've got a FE 70-200 in the mail right now (c'mon lil' brown truck!). If it works for my daughters' gymnastics meet this evening, then I'll go in this direction.

I tried the 70-200 in BestBuy, and the focus is snappy, and the output is Wow! If I can have a big white lens for events, but then a compact body for travel and walk-around purposes, that's my ideal.

Last edited:
I'm sure there are lots, but do you mean my WTB?? :)

Yeah, I was toying with a two body solution for events and kids sports (wider prime on one, telephoto on the other). But I've got a FE 70-200 in the mail right now (c'mon lil' brown truck!). If it works for my daughters' gymnastics meet this evening, then I'll go in this direction.

I tried the 70-200 in BestBuy, and the focus is snappy, and the output is Wow! If I can have a big white lens, but then a compact body for other purposes, that's my ideal.
WTB = Want to Buy, user name WT21 over on fred miranda.

I'll be interested to hear how it does with moving subjects and tracking in darker situations. But yes the sensors are great. Did you get the a7 or a7 II?

Congrats!!! It's always interesting to read about people's transitions from one system to another. I am actually thinking about ditching my A7 now that I am back using Fuji X. And I still use m4/3. Three systems plus a few other serious compacts confuses me every time I am going somewhere and decide that I need a camera(s) with me.

While I like the image quality of the A7 files (mainly at low ISO) and the greater DOF control, I just never bonded with the camera. I don't like the shutter sound and the buttons (particularly the shutter) feel out of place for my hand. So I find myself grabbing an EM1 most of the time.

Let's see some more photos!

It's snowing again in Boston (yeah), so not much to shoot. I did get the FE70-200 in the mail, but not in time for my daughter's gymnastics meet, so I'm left testing it on her guinea pig. Sitting in a small room with a 70-200 trying to take pictures of a cavy running around is certainly an AF stress test.

Last edited:
I too succumbed to the Dark side. A fiend finally cajoled me into getting an A7, But I got the A7R instead (2nd hand though). Love the camera with my adapted Pentax lenses on it (K series and FA Limiteds).

Back