1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

I took the plunge EPL2

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by AzPete, Jan 31, 2011.

1. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    So I couldn't resist the temptation. Need to hide it from the wife until I sell
    one of my cameras to make up the diff.

Now I am not camera reviewer but here are a few shots. Didn't have much time
    today to shoot... will try to get more this week. All photos are straight out
    of the camera, just resized.

P1310003resized.JPG

P1310006resized.JPG
    Art mode

P1310004resized.JPG
    Art mode... cool

P1310008resized.JPG
    Normal shot

P1310009.JPG
    close up

Thanks, comments welcome.
    Pete

• Like Like x 3
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Wow, Pete! Talk about superb color and quality - those first three are excellent examples. Gosh, sometimes I feel like kicking myself for selling my lenses and EVF... I am really looking forward to seeing more from you and Andy with this camera! Congratulations!!!!:th_salute:

• Like Like x 2
  3. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    Wow. Dammit I'm trying not to look at other cameras in the shop....

also haha, it looks like you've to hide your photo-taking ventures with the new camera by taking them in the car and in empty parking lots.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    Nice images.

I got away with the GRD2 because it looked exactly like my GRD. I'm hoping to get away with it again when I get a GRD3 ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Congrats! Isn't it funny how we all have to hide our latest acquisitions from our "significant others"..... I try to keep them all black and that way they all look much the same to my husband (he hasn't noticed the GXR yet LOL).

• Like Like x 3
  6. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    Ha ha... Its not as bad as that Christi but I to have lots of little black cameras lying around.
    That one made me laugh...rofl.
    Thanks all for comments.
    Oh oh...here she comes, gotta go.
    Cheers...Pete

• Like Like x 3
  7. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    It's like a secret drug habit: "ah honey, I'm just going to pop outside for a bit.. you know, to get the paper..."

*drives down to the empty parking lot at the local mall to snap a few quick snaps then screeches the tyres to rush back home*

• Like Like x 3
  8. deirdre

deirdre SC Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    That's really awesome. I know I kinda flaked out on the Oly before, but I'm considering a second body.

I'm considering three options:

1) Second pink GF1 body. Advantages: don't have to admit I have it :) and I know all the controls by heart and have all the accessories I need.
    2) Red GF2. Different controls, but some upgrades, too, but I have the accessories.
    3) Red EPL2. Different controls, different accessories, but I get IBIS.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    You guys and gals crack me up! Hiding the new toys!!! Ok, I have to admit that even though I'm not married, my girlfriend is already giving me grief for all the gear I keep buying. Hope the crackdown doesn't intensify if I ever get hitched! :rolleyes:

@AzPete - Congrats on the EPL2! Those photos look very sharp. Nice colors too!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Woo Hoo another joins the E-PL2 club!!! Excellent stuff and i love the images especially the 1st one, it just goes to prove how brilliant and sharp the 14-42 f/3.5-5.6 II is.

I have just bought a 20mm f1.7 (yes another!) for mine which should be MEGA!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    A guy I respect a lot on a different forum has been shooting with the epl2 for a while. I asked him how it compared to the ep2 he'd been shooting with and, knowing we were also both lx5 owners, he offered "its like the best of the ep2 and the LX5" which I consider high praise indeed. He said it maintained all of the best aspects of the ep2 and had the direct and simple feel and reflexes of the LX5. This is great news in its own right and also, to me, raises the expectations for what Oly has up its sleeve with the anticipated ep3, given that the epl2 seems to have made the ep2 all but obsolete...

My dream camera is still an Oly Pen body with the speed of a GF1, the AF speed of a GH2, and the flip up screen of the Nex. Will it ever happen? Probably, eventually, but who knows WHAT else will be available by then...

-Ray

• Like Like x 2
  12. retow

retow SC All-Pro

Jul 24, 2010
    Help! Severe GAS attack.
    Sold the EP2 last year and miss the Oly colors.

• Like Like x 2
  13. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    Thanks Ray, everyone.
    Its going to be fun these next few weeks
    As I get familiar with the epl2.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between