If you had to start all over again... (legacy / non legacy lenses)

Nic, those are wise words, particularly until one has had a chance to evaluate manual focus on the intended system. I will have some AF glass, and if I find that manual focus isn't working well for me - isn't allowing me to be productive, is robbing the fun from the process - I'll soon have even more AF glass and will be selling some decent MF glass to fund it.

I've ditched dogma, the new photographic me is all about productivity and fun. Pairing the two is great, a lesson I learned while carting around the X100 day-in, day-out for months - what an eye opener. No going back.

I have tried so many combinations since I went down the rabbit hole... I really like the mini DSLR form factor of the Panasonic G3 (I have a G2 that I just love). I think the NEX 5n with the EVF is pretty interesting but the EVF is pretty spendy at $350 and I don't find the NEX cameras all that comfortable to use.

If I were doing it today...G3, Panasonic 20, my OM 50 and 24 and the new Panasonic 14-42 compact power zoom.

Back