Sony I'm back...

That looks huge. I have the c/y version and that is smaller then za version, but still a big lens for nex. Sony za version is a more updated one, esp with af:)

Well, I shot a bunch with the Leitz Elmarit-M 28 2.8, and have come to the conclusion that the coolest thing about that piece is how it looked on the camera!
It was fun to focus and shoot with but... the images, all RAW, seemed to have no pop, micro-contrast and were just plain not doing it for me, they seemed to all need doctoring up in LR. So I picked up the Sony/Zeiss 24 1.8 which I had for a short time previously, It's exactly what I was looking for, images (RAW) are great right out of the gate. Additionally I acquired a Voigtlander 15mm 4.5 wide angle lens which is great fun!

I digress.. and repurchased the Leitz lens, after reviewing, I like the look, it's just a different animal from the others and so much fun to use.
Here's the family: Alpha mount w/NEX adapted Zeiss 85 1.4, Zeiss 49mm Sonnar E 1.8, Voigtlander Nokton 50mm 1.1 and last but not least the reunited Leitz Elamrit-M 18 2.8

One from the Leitz

I would so love that zeiss for my portrait work, but I don't know if it's ideal for a cropped sensor...
if it were 50mm or something... ;)

I have a new and unlikely favorite lens that pretty much lives on my camera, a 1978 Leitz 90mm 2.0 Sumicron. It's weighty but balances perfectly on the NEX-7
Here's a pic of my neighbor, it was a beautiful spring day yesterday in Seattle!

Back