1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Image editing/processing using an iPad

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by wrangler, Jan 13, 2013.

1. wrangler

wrangler SC Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    SW Minnesota
    Dennis Ulrich
    My iPad has become my computer. Can anyone give me recommendations for editing software that I can use?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael T

Michael T SC Top Veteran

Jul 31, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Michael
    Snapseed and Photoshop Express are both free and offer pretty good simple controls along with some interesting filters.

3. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    +1 on snapseed. Very intuitive and uncomplicated. Also like Photoforge and Filterstorm Pro. The last one is reallly excellent and used by many journalists out in the field. Not so fussed on how it manages files....a bit quirky, but it is very powerful and does an excellent job. I prefer it to Photoshop Express.

4. Kin Lau

Kin Lau SC Regular

Oct 23, 2012
    +1 for Snapseed.

5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Good for you, wrangler! Most of the "old" members here know that I've been lusting after an iPad for...well, for a long time...so although I don't have any personal experience yet - there are many very good threads here from some serious iPad post processors. Here's a search I just did in this forum: https://www.photographerslounge.org/search.php?searchid=134874 take a look at a bunch of these threads because they're a treasure trove of good info. I know I'll be using them to help myself when I finally make my move.:026::wink:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    that animated gif of the yellow guy beating the dead horse still makes me smile every time I see it.

7. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Me, too. And in this case it is oh so appropriate!

8. wrangler

wrangler SC Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    SW Minnesota
    Dennis Ulrich
    When I tried your link, it returned no matches; which is what I found when I searched for iPad Photo Editor.

Anyhow, I think Snapseed is what I was looking for.

Thanks for the help folks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    You'll be doing more than smile when that horse gets up and beats the yellow guy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Crsnydertx

Crsnydertx SC Top Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    But BB, the apps being discussed here will likely be obsolete when the iPad 10 is released.... ;-)

11. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    Looking forward to seeing your snapseed images, tell us the good bits and bad bits. I like it but find pictures can quickly become very far removed from the original in a way i didnt intend. looks good but fake. I need to practice more with it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. wrangler

wrangler SC Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    SW Minnesota
    Dennis Ulrich
    I was heavily into B&W darkroom back in the '70's and '80's; but have accepted images as the come from the digital cameras. It's time to get back on a vertical learning curve!

13. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    I'll just throw in a me too on that, want and will need the apps so eyes are always open..

• Like Like x 1
  14. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I always start with Tune Image before anything else. Theres a lot of room for working on images in that, without making it (the Image) into something else.

I'll throw in a +1 For Filterstorm. Its not really a bunch of filters, its a very powerful processing proggie. i only have the free version, but even that is excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    :rofl:

:friends:

16. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
  17. wrangler

wrangler SC Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    SW Minnesota
    Dennis Ulrich
  18. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    This is so strange! Every time I do a search I get a slew of threads, I copy and past the URL and check it...it works...but I come back, see what you've written, wrangler, and try it and it doesn't work.:dash2:

Not sure why this isn't working but will try to pick out a particularly helpful one or two for you.

P.S. If these links don't work, I give up.

Good ones not necessarily in chronological order:

https://www.photographerslounge.org/f13/ipad-workflow-ipad-vs-lightroom-sofa-vs-desk-1190/

https://www.photographerslounge.org/f13/success-organization-mistakes-warning-tale-4973/

https://www.photographerslounge.org/f13/using-ipad-photo-accessory-583/

I hope they're of some interest and help. As it's been made pretty clear, I have no personal experience with working with an iPad............yet.

• Like Like x 1
  19. wrangler

wrangler SC Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    SW Minnesota
    Dennis Ulrich
    Those worked!! Thanks for your repeated efforts.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    :2thumbs: So now you have to promise to keep us (me) posted because eventually I am going to buy one and want to know how to use the darn thing.:biggrin: