Micro 4/3 Image Playback is not possible on the LCD, while using EVF w/o eye sensor

johndo

Hello everyone,

Just purchased an LX100 2 weeks ago and it's getting frustrating that I cant find any option in the camera, on which I can use the EVF without the eye sensor and review photos on the LCD. Any other camera has this, and its kind of sad that the LX100 doesen't.
The workaround for this would be to use the eye sensor and drain a lot of battery for nothing or pressing 3 buttons: 2 for changing from EVF to LCD and one on the Playback button
Am I missing something here?

As in deactivating the eye sensor and using the camera with the EVF always turned on.
Using Auto Review displays your image through the EVF, if you are using it to take an image.
I want to use the EVF to take pictures, and to review the pictures on the LCD. When i press the play button on the camera, i want it to show me the pictures on the LCD.

Do you see anything on the LCD at any time?

After you have taken pictures, and then press the playback button, do you see the pics on the screen?

Have you explored the DISP button?

I use my LX100 exactly as you describe. I use the EVF to shoot, and look at the result on the LCD display. There’s something in your settings that’s not right..

Last edited:
So the FN3 button cycles through 3 options: using the EVF, the second one activates the eye sensor(EVF/MON Auto indicator apears on the screen) and the third one activates the lcd. I want to use the first option. So to respond to your question, i cannot see the images on the screen after I press the playback button. This is only possible when I use the second and the third option of the FN3 button.
DISP button doesen't help, it just cycles through information displays.

Did u have to set up your camera to do that? If not, I can restore the camera to the factory settings..

So I found a solution. You where right about the DISP button. If I use the camera with the eye sensor, I can press the DISP button until it closes the LCD. This way, it will power on only when I press the Playback button. The only problem would be that the EVF will also be closed when it s not near my face. Is there another way for this?

So the FN3 button cycles through 3 options: using the EVF, the second one activates the eye sensor(EVF/MON Auto indicator apears on the screen) and the third one activates the lcd. I want to use the first option. So to respond to your question, i cannot see the images on the screen after I press the playback button. This is only possible when I use the second and the third option of the FN3 button.
DISP button doesen't help, it just cycles through information displays.

*** Yes, the Fn3 button cycles through the options. I have it set so that when my eye is close to the EVF it activates, and when I hold the camera away, I can see the image on the LCD

Did u have to set up your camera to do that? If not, I can restore the camera to the factory settings..

*** I can’t remember if it was a factory setting or if I set the camera. I’ve had it for 2 years.

So I found a solution. You where right about the DISP button. If I use the camera with the eye sensor, I can press the DISP button until it closes the LCD. This way, it will power on only when I press the Playback button. The only problem would be that the EVF will also be closed when it s not near my face. Is there another way for this?

*** Yes, when you move the camera away from your face the EVF shuts off. Why is this a problem? It saves power when the EVF is not being used.

Back