Images for Don!!

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by Ghosthunter, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I know you are waiting for your 16mm for your NEX 5 and as i have just got mine i thought i would wet your appetite for some 16mm goodness!!!!

You can blame BB for this! :biggrin:

1: Straight from Camera, RAW and No processing at all just a small bit of cropping.
    [​IMG]

2: Processed in Silver efex Pro with added film grain.
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/5478730861/" title="NEX-5 16mm f/3.5 Test by andywest1, on Flickr">"681" height="1024" alt="NEX-5 16mm f/3.5 Test" /></a>

• Like Like x 3
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Andy, I really appreciate your kindness.
    I've been on the street since early morning with the 16.
    It's a great lens. I'll post later on this thread & the street thread.
    Soooo compact! Soooo nice.
    Thank you,
    Don

• Like Like x 3
  3. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    Nice shot!

Best,

Antoinio

• Like Like x 3
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    That is a great shot, Andy! Beautiful black and white tones and the glistening rain soaked feeling.

Don, I'd lost track of your timing on the 16mm. I'll be back later tonight for more from you and Andy.

This combination looks like a killer!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    @Ghost - I must have missed something at a thread somewhere. Didn't you return the NEX5 for an EPL2?

• Like Like x 2
  6. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Armanius, Andy is a fast mover:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Nex 5 16mm... how sweet it is!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  8. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Don, you certainly had a good day. I think you have melded with this combination of NEX and 16mm.

My first reactions to these were on Flickr and I just said "Wow!". And then, of course, I had to write more. Excellent day, for you - and us, Don!

9. djnww

djnww SC Rookie

Nov 20, 2010
    Wow... fantastic shots !!! I have a lot to learn about the NEX. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
    Dan

10. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Keep up Armanius :laugh1:

This is my 2nd NEX 5!! I bought another as i really wanted that wonderful APS-C Sensor in my life. The 16mm lens from the 1st camera was not great and i think this new one is better but need to test more.

11. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Don, All i can say is WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! Superb images there. I especially love the pillar and hole in the ground, just awesome!!!! Desperate to take mine out to town now!

12. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Don't test, just shoot! If its a bad one, it'll become apparent soon enough, like your first one did. As you could see (and so could those of us who saw what you posted) that lens was pretty bad throughout, not just a little soft in the corners. If you test, you're gonna find all of the little flaws inherent in any lens and you might even start to obsess over them. DON'T DO IT!!! Just shoot photos and you won't see the softness in the corners wide open (that only really becomes apparent when you do something silly like take photos of a brick wall!) - you'll just get a feel for the overall quality and it will almost certainly be good! And on the off-chance its not, you'll know pretty darn quickly...

-Ray

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Cheers

My new lens certainly isn't bad at all and it will stay with me. Watch out for lots of images from the NEX in the future!:smile:

• Like Like x 1