Film Images from My Old OM-1n

Penfan2010

All-Pro
Name
Ed
Picked up a Zuiko 24mm F2.8 in much better condition than the one I sold off two years ago, and finally used it on my trusty, beat up OM-1n yesterday. CVS ISO 400 Color film. Similar photos taken with the Leica M8 in separate Farmstead Art Center post. All slight sharpening and PP on LR 4.4.

41900013.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

41900011.jpg

41900009.jpg

41900020.jpg

Interesting comparison between the OM-1n and 24mm immediately below, and a similar photo taken with the M8 and Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super-Heliar, at the bottom.

41900019.jpg

L1006094.jpg

Nice. The OM-1 was what I learned on (and then shot for years, and still do now and then), so I have a soft spot for it.

The colors are quite good. Would the comparison shots be more alike if the last one was "printed down"? As is, I think the Olympus shot is more engaging and better exposed.

Nice. The OM-1 was what I learned on (and then shot for years, and still do now and then), so I have a soft spot for it.

The colors are quite good. Would the comparison shots be more alike if the last one was "printed down"? As is, I think the Olympus shot is more engaging and better exposed.

Thanks, Larry. I had both cameras at similar exposure settings, the light must have changed on me in one of the shots. I could print down the M8 photo and see. Do love the saturation of the generic CVS film, though.

Count one from my own family. I got my older son hooked on film 2 years ago, and he avoids using digital as much as he can; he happily shoots away with his Canon QL17 rangefinder, one 24 exposure roll at a time.

My son is using an OM 2 almost exclusively for his degree course at Brighton, it is compulsory to use film for some of the course but I think, like most of the other students there, he prefers using it to his DSLR. So that is another 80 or so photographers a year coming on stream with film :)

Back