images of Pentax K-01

Discussion in 'News and Rumors' started by krugorg, Feb 1, 2012.

1. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I usually like the looks of Pentax cameras, but I may have to make an exception for this one.

3. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    That looks like it is based on the GXR body. But less attractive.

4. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Good point, I do like the GXR look much better. Also, I have a hunch that the GXR is going to look like a Pentax Q sitting next to this K-01.

5. Julien

Julien SC Top Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    Paris, France
    Julien
    This design is not my thing, but I'm more concerned by the specs. Looks awfully close to a small DSLR without the advantage of an OVF or PDAF autofocus. I hope I'm wrong, but I really can't see much point in this camera, apart maybe for people who already own Pentax gear (but then I'm not sure why they would switch to this camera, apart from the novelty factor).

6. pepeye

pepeye SC Regular

Nov 19, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    The only appearance that matters is the appearance of the photos it takes.

As the owner of 28mm, 35mm and 50mm Pentax primes, this will be pretty interesting IF its price comes in well under a K-5 but offers K-5 type performance.

7. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    It will look better in all black. The silver adds a cheesy factor.

8. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    there's only a very tiny number of people for whom this is true, pepeye ... :biggrin:

9. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Interesting. If this is THE real camera, I'm guessing that it's somewhat thinner than a K-5. Hence the column looking thing underneath the control dial. NO EVF on it? If there's no EVF, there's no reason to keep the hump then.

I hope the Oly OMD1 looks better!

10. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Looks a little on the porky side for my liking....

11. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    I like the looks in terms of design, but I really don't see the point in making a CSC if you're just gonna keep the same lens mount, because then the flange back distance will still be that of a DSLR, meaning it's always gonna remain thick, defeating the whole USP of a CSC. The only thing you could sensibly remove is the VF hump...

12. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    C'mon Mark, there's more for you to love!!

13. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Don't much like the look of that. Whats with the red and green buttons that look just like they have been photoshopped in. Pentax design has always been better than that. I'm not sure I see the point of it, really, if the body is going to be almost as big as the DSLR range.