Important corollary to "The best camera is the one you have with you."

Actually the corollary is "The one you have with you is usually the least optimal for the shot you are taking." :D That has more impact with the older generation of snappers versus the Instagram/SnapChat/Swipe Right crowd.

I’ve always noted the “wrong lens” corollary. Great camera, great lens, wrong Focal length. You can fondle your expensive stuff while pondering the injustices of life.

Actually the corollary is "The one you have with you is usually the least optimal for the shot you are taking." :D That has more impact with the older generation of snappers versus the Instagram/SnapChat/Swipe Right crowd.

Since I have only one camera (aside from my iPhone, which I rarely use except to record notes & send pics via messages), I’m not distracted with other possibilities. I can’t have it all, I don’t even want it all. I’m long past the multiple body/lens photography era in my hobby.

It's not always me in a hurry to be somewhere else; it is more likely to be my wife who doesn't see the need to wait for the scene took be perfect - whether that is the changing light or the position of moving subjects or whatever ...
Yeah, my wife supports my photo hobby, but doesn't understand sometimes when I want to linger in one spot.

Since I have only one camera (aside from my iPhone, which I rarely use except to record notes & send pics via messages), I’m not distracted with other possibilities. I can’t have it all, I don’t even want it all. I’m long past the multiple body/lens photography era in my hobby.
Wish I was. I just shipped out one camera, and am looking hard at my other cameras to figure out which one I want to offload. I, unfortunately, do get distracted with other possibilities, even though I know better.

My one and only - - - Lumix LX100

I thought it was a wonderful camera; now if they could figure a way to keep the dust out of them . . .

Important note: I probably notice the dust more than others because I shoot the sky a lot, and it can be like shooting a plain white wall.

Cheers, Jock

I did notice some dust on the sensor. I vacuumed it out!
I developed the habit of running my hand around the lens barrel before retracting it to reduce any debris that might get sucked in the next time the lens extends. So far .. so good.

Back