Micro 4/3 Indian Country

Thank you Bill! Lovely area, however the natives that we have ran into are extremely unfriendly towards whites. Sad really, I always played an Indian growing up.

PS: Did I ever mention that I used to live in Perth?

Hey All,

Beautiful images! You may become addicted to the high desert country of eastern Oregon (as I am) even though I know this is just east of the cascades on the deschutes. Next thing you know you'll be at the painted hills, steens mountain, owyhee country and more - much more (in both OR and WA)! Be sure to do the silver falls thing - much shorter drive. The warm springs indian reservation indians unfriendly? - they weren't years ago?

-Ed-

Thank you! We travel when ever we can and do love Eastern Oregon, though we have a lot more to explore there.

PS: We visit Silver falls often.

Hey All,

Beautiful images! You may become addicted to the high desert country of eastern Oregon (as I am) even though I know this is just east of the cascades on the deschutes. Next thing you know you'll be at the painted hills, steens mountain, owyhee country and more - much more (in both OR and WA)! Be sure to do the silver falls thing - much shorter drive. The warm springs indian reservation indians unfriendly? - they weren't years ago?

-Ed-

I've seen a number of your shots that look good to me. A size to start with might be 16 x 24, but that's pretty conservative. I happen to like the 3/4" standouts that Meridian sells. We got a number of those printed recently and got the satin coating to keep them from reflecting. The nice thing about the standouts is that they are lightweight, easy to hang, and don't require a frame, which gets expensive. I personally feel that mpix does a little better quality print, but they only offer the thicker standouts, and we like the thinner ones better. I've printed up to 24 x 36 from my mu43 shots and they look fine to me.

I've seen a number of your shots that look good to me. A size to start with might be 16 x 24, but that's pretty conservative. I happen to like the 3/4" standouts that Meridian sells. We got a number of those printed recently and got the satin coating to keep them from reflecting. The nice thing about the standouts is that they are lightweight, easy to hang, and don't require a frame, which gets expensive. I personally feel that mpix does a little better quality print, but they only offer the thicker standouts, and we like the thinner ones better. I've printed up to 24 x 36 from my mu43 shots and they look fine to me.

Thank you for the info! Very helpful.

Just an update - I had the first picture printed up to 30' wide and looks tack sharp. I did order a standout from Meridian but the first print (color) was terribly off. I almost gave up on them but they sent a replacement and that looked much better. I do love the idea of a standout. Never heard of it before. Perfect for me. I'd hate to frame large pictures - way too heavy.

I am only now starting to feel that a very few of my shots are "maybe worthy" of printing, which means I am clueless about where and how big. Any suggestion is welcomed. Thank you.
Jeez, some of your shots just scream "print me, print me" if you ask me. To me printing-matting-framing is the second climax and completion of the photographic process. An image on a hard disk or screen is but an image and only becomes a photography once it's been printed on paper. Just my 2...
Regarding the size I personally move between A7 (half a postcard) and A0 (47x33"), depending on the image and intended usage. It's all one big ongoing experiment.
PS: I like #1 best but kept asking myself how a stitched pano of that vista might look like. Just an idea.

Cheers, Ken

Back