1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Industar 69 adaptation.

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by traveltrader, Apr 12, 2011.

1. traveltrader

traveltrader New to SC

Apr 11, 2011
    I have a Industar 69. It's a great little pancake lens but it doesn't focus to infinity with the M39 adapter. The original camera it came with has a shorter registration distance than a normal M39 camera. Many people file down the lens to work. I rather try to make a smaller adapter. It looks like I should be able to take the M39 mount off a M39 camera as a base and then use a body cap to make it work. Has anyone done anything like this with a Sony body cap?

2. iaza

iaza New to SC

Apr 11, 2011
    As far as I know, there's 2 kind of M39, 1st is adaptable to use in most APS-C DSLR like Canon EOS etc. it similar with M42 lens. difference is Only in diameter 39mm & 42mm. 2nd is M39 or called LTM (Leica thread mount), this lens is for rangefinder can only be used in mirrorless not DSLR APS-C
    So I guess what you need is LTM adpater to NEX

3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Would it be easier just to file down an M39 adapter?
    There is some info here

4. traveltrader

traveltrader New to SC

Apr 11, 2011
    That is true, but this is something else altogether. This is a lens for a Chaika rangefinder. While it is a M39/L39/LTM mount, it's registration distance is even shorter than the standard for the M39 rangefinders. Most people file down the lens a little so that it helicoid is allowed to move a little closer to the sensor. I rather not modify the lens.