1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Inside Camden Lock

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by biglouis, Nov 17, 2013.

1. biglouis

biglouis SC Veteran

Aug 4, 2013
    Taken at the bottom of Camden Lock, in Camden Town, London - which is being refurbished at present. This is the original slightly curved brick floor as laid down by Georgian navvies back in 1818 when work commenced. (Ricoh GR)

10909821113_9d6393f8bf_b_d.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Richard

Richard SC Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Marlow, UK
    An interesting picture, but a disappointing lack of murder weapons, murder victims, drugs, stolen property and all the other things chucked in the lock since the last time it was drained. Presumably the authorities quietly tidied all that stuff up before they let the public have a look.

-R

3. biglouis

biglouis SC Veteran

Aug 4, 2013
    Actually, the engineers mentioned that they did not find anything of interest in the lock except for a few Sainbury's trolleys!

This picture, taken with my other 'serious compact', a Sigma DP3M shows some of the mundane items they pulled out of the lock.

_P3M1772.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Richard

Richard SC Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Marlow, UK
    I worked in Camden for about six months and I used to walk past the lock every day. Several times I saw police divers searching for something or other in the canal, but I never stopped to look in case they pulled out something nasty!

-R

• Like Like x 1