Instagram anyone

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by AzPete, Nov 7, 2011.

1. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    Hey all, anyone here on Instagram. It is a real easy way to share photos, fast, and they have some really great photographers using this app. Problem is I believe the app is only for iphone junkies. My thought was I would hook up with my fellow peeps if they were on instagram. I know, all we need is another photo sharing thing. But to me this is fast and fun and done entirely from your phone. My name on instagram is Pwill442, whats your?
    http://instagr.am/

Thanks kids,
    Pete

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Pete, I haven't gotten quite this far yet. I'll have to read up, though, so thanks for the info.!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Pete, I'll try it ...
    My name is gxrshooter.. Someone stole streetshooter...
    Not a good idea....
    So how do I search a genre'?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Travisennis

Travisennis SC Regular

Jan 17, 2011
    I use Instragram quite a bit. My username is travisennis.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
  6. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    Hey Don, I don't believe you can choose a particular genre. It seems to be one giant pot of photos floating around.
    btw I would not want to be the guy who stole your streetshooter name....pit the fool.

Pete

7. Streetshooter

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Travis, that's a very interesting and original name.

Pete, I'll try it out but that SOB streetshooter... He's a wanted man here in Philly.

8. Travisennis

Travisennis SC Regular

Jan 17, 2011
    It's the only name I have.

9. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    It's good to have only one name, Travis. I have too many!:biggrin:

10. Travisennis

Travisennis SC Regular

Jan 17, 2011
    Long ago I chose many names online and always they were aliases of some sort, then one day I decided that my username would be travisennis online. I just put my real name on everything. I've been lucky to get that name for Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.

11. Streetshooter

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Don't bet on it friend..... he he

12. Travisennis

Travisennis SC Regular

Jan 17, 2011
    I've been called many things. Some good, some bad.

13. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I have to many names in real life.:wink:

14. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Reviving an old thread. Has anyone started using Instagram? I am eponymously named johnmichaelflores. What's yours?

Some pics:

[​IMG]
    Instagram photo by john m flores, on Flickr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    nice work John. I love the idea of Instagram and most of the execution that I see, but I don't have any of the necessary ingredients to be on Instagram. I wish there were a version of Instagram that could involve using a PC and a traditional camera, but that may defeat the idea.

16. john m flores

Aug 13, 2012
    No smartphone, Luke? Then you should get the Nokia Lumia 928 with the F2.0 Carl Zeiss lens and 8mp sensor. I hear an Intagram app is on its way...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/24/nokia-lumia-928-for-verizon-review

17. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    my wife and I went to look at some smartphones because the I can no longer get a battery for my old dumbphone (it's THAT old) and while I like idea of a camera in my pocket that can make telephone calls, I ain't paying any more for phone service. I hardly ever use the phone to start with so I feel like $40 a month is a rip-off....there's no way I want to bump that up another $40 or $50 to add data on that plan. I spend a lot on cameras because I love cameras, not because I love spending money.

Is there a way to have a smartphone without a contract and just use it in wi-fi hotspots or on my home network? Basically a smartphone without the phone part?

18. john m flores

Aug 13, 2012
    iPod Touch may work.

19. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    My brother does that with a Samsung Galaxy Player 5, he uses Google Voice for calls.

I use a dumbphone from Tracfone, no camera to speak of but due to my avoidance of social situations I average about $10/mo for service... lol

20. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I use my iPhone 4S with an annual prepaid thing (it ends up costing me around $120 a year) I have what I consider to be an excellent deal, hardly ever make any calls so the 100 minutes I get with it is more than enough. I buy $10 worth of data (only 200MB but enough for me) out of my credit (Telstra lets you do that) every month and use it mainly for iMessage, email and very occasional uploading of photographs to facebook. I suppose I could do Instagram... but have never seriously looked at it... seemed to be seething with teen females and hello kitty when I last looked. Perhaps I should look again.

[edit] and done. following you, John, and I'm kyte50 first shot is a bit tedious, not posting here (unless, of course, I can work out how to.)

Also, discovering which apps are instagram aware is good too. So far, Hipstamatic, Snapseed and AlienSkin's AltPhoto are good for sharing to instagram. Still looking.