Interesting Review of the Sony RX10

Discussion in 'Superzoom Salon' started by Biro, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    • Like Like x 2
  2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Lots of food for thought in that review.
  3. biglouis

biglouis SC Veteran

Aug 4, 2013
    I'm still in two minds about this camera. Thanks for posting the review.

4. Pim

Pim SC Regular

Apr 21, 2012
    Eindhoven, The Netherlands
    Looks like most reviews so far seem to focus on the slow zoom speed... whilst I would prefer a mechanical zoom as well this is not a deal breaker for me as 99% of the pictures I like to shoot are of static subjects... price is more an issue at the moment but once this comes down a bit the RX10 would certainly have my interest.
  5. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    As a counterpoint to the Luminous Landscape review (and many other reviews), I found this entry at Perhaps zoom speed on the RX10 is not the issue many believe it to be:
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Ranger Rick

Ranger Rick SC Regular

Mar 12, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Yes, after reading that, and considering the almost universal praise for the lens/sensor matched IQ, even vs m43 and APS-C, I wound up going for the Adorama deal. Doubt I'd have done it for $1300, but at that price looks like quite the deal. If you consider the cost of the Panny 12-35 and 35-100, even without the price of a body- assuming you already have one, should suit my needs for my typical "slow photography" when I don't want to carry gear and have to contemplate things like "which lens?" etc.

Would have been nice to have a body the size of E-PL5 et al, but after looking at comparisons at camera size, decided it will work.

7. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    If only there was some way to hack off the Zeiss 24-120 lens off my old R1... :frown:
  8. fiskadoro

fiskadoro SC Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    Bummed I missed that Adorama open box deal a few months back. $1,300 is so steep, but I would definitely take a shot at it for under a $1,000, but it's hard to find them under $1,250 right now. In the U.S., I've seen some new around $1,079, but I'm presuming they're 'grey market' imports and may lack a U.S. warranty -- something I feel I'd like to have with a camera this pricey. Hopefully there will be sales in the future!
  9. Garylh

Garylh SC Veteran

I initially thought the same, but after I played w/ one at a Sony store decided I did not like how slow it was going from 24-200 fov range. I hope they come out w/ a manual focus ring version next. I think that they got it right for the most part.

10. Garylh

Garylh SC Veteran

Plus one.