1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Interview with Michael Sweet (GRD IV)

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Olivier Duong, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Olivier Duong

Olivier Duong SC Regular

Jul 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Thanks for the great interview.

3. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I like what he says more than I like his work. Most of it doesn't work for me, but then again I prefer faces so I may be to one side on this.

4. Olivier Duong

Olivier Duong SC Regular

Jul 16, 2012
    Plz comment on the site so he can get some rep. You welcome Luke. His work grow on you the more you see it lol

5. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I went to Sweet's Flickr site. I like that much better. I'm still not as fond of the human fragment shots as I am of the others. Some are very good, but a lower percentage of keepers for me. It is a fascinating style, however.

6. Olivier Duong

Olivier Duong SC Regular

Jul 16, 2012
    I shouldn't cuz its not my cup of tea but I like the style :)

7. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    I loved the pictures. Eliciting a response from the audience is so much easier if they have a human face to visually latch onto. His way is that much more difficult. Really enjoyed going through the images he made and hope to see more. Nice interview too. Good going man!

8. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I like it quite a bit, but maybe not a steady diet of "fragments" - his flickr stream has more of a mix of fragments and faces and it makes for a really nice body of work. Good eye for mixing people with composition too, which I just never seem to get - its one or the other...

-Ray

9. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    Not my kind of photography, but, You can learn from everybody. Some good "nuggets" scattered throughout. Reading this has just been another Gas-x, for my rapidly dissipating GAS.

• Like Like x 1