Feedback Is a separate SUPERZOOM forum needed? - Poll

Would you like to have a separate forum for superzoom cameras

• No, I like how it is and I think will further dilute activity on the current subforums

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Yes, I prefer my superzoom chat to be isolated from discussions about compact cameras

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • I'm indifferent. I just look at the threads that interest me and couldn't care less where they are

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
I bought the G3x - this statement by Michael Reichmann summed it up for me: "For someone looking for pro-level image quality in a moderately sized camera with a reach out to 600mm equivalence, nothing can touch the G3X."

I bought the G3x - this statement by Michael Reichmann summed it up for me: "For someone looking for pro-level image quality in a moderately sized camera with a reach out to 600mm equivalence, nothing can touch the G3X."

Out of my price range right now. So it's either the FZ200 on closeout now, an FZ300 (which I'm sure will be offered with some kind of discount via Panny's EPP site once the camera actually begins shipping) or perhaps an FZ1000 from the EPP site - but maybe around Christmas.

Out of my price range right now. So it's either the FZ200 on closeout now, an FZ300 (which I'm sure will be offered with some kind of discount via Panny's EPP site once the camera actually begins shipping) or perhaps an FZ1000 from the EPP site - but maybe around Christmas.

I have cameras from no zoom to superzoom - all well suited to their best genres, but the eventual maker/breaker for me is convenience in use. Neck straps are a no-no, and clunky cases or cases that attach to the camera are no-go's too. I need compact minimum-size cases where I can pop the camera out and use it with a wrist strap, then when done pop it back into its case and park it on my shoulder completely out of the way. I usually carry two cameras at a time that way, and sometimes even three. Today's morning carry was the Leica Q and Nikon Coolpix A, while this afternoon's carry was the Q again with the Leica D-Lux (a.k.a. Panasonic LX100.)

Oh gosh - now I will *have to* buy the G3x just so I can play in the new subforum.

Well, it's a rough job, Dale, but somebody's got to do it.

We "know" you don't really want to get your hands on a new camera and experiment with it, but you'll just have to make the sacrifice "for the good of the corps."

Cheers, Jock

Well, it's a rough job, Dale, but somebody's got to do it. We "know" you don't really want to get your hands on a new camera and experiment with it, but you'll just have to make the sacrifice "for the good of the corps." Cheers, Jock

It does hurt, but .... I convinced my wife she could get some photos with it, and I'd carry the bag and all she'd have to do is snap away. So far she seems to be buying it. Well, she bought it literally, but the bill doesn't come until end of August.

Back