Is Pan DMC FZ200 the new #1 bridgecamera?

So, Luke, what are you using for your "serious" Photography. Somewhere along the way, I missed the transition.

Steve, I've been shooting with the X100 for quite awhile (while maintaining my m43 kit). But I've been loving the Fuji so much, I broke down and found a used X-Pro1. So I have 2 cameras with great classic focal lengths which makes half of m43 kit redundant. So once I sell those lenses, I feel like it's silly to keep the whole kit for the times I want to shoot tele focal lengths.

At least it seems rationale to me. I'm actually thinking of just doing without any long focal lengths and enjoying the forced limitations of normal focal lengths..... a bit like the single in January (except I'll have a couple bodies and a couple lenses). Sometimes when I have too many choices it just doesn't help. I feel sorry for the guy with the harem. I prefer 1 good one.

The X-S1 has lens droop in some cameras. I've also read that some feel that it doesn't seem to affect sharpness, but I'd take that with a grain of salt. I'm in the market for a bridge camera to replace my m43 kit. I'm just tired of carrying around a whole slew of lenses when I go on vacation. The Fuji and the Panasonic are the 2 that I have zeroed in on.

Luke, as I have reported elsewhere here at seriouscompacts, I am using the FZ150 professionally, to shoot pictures to illustrate my writing assignments. The photo quality is entirely adequate for magazine work, and I have received complements from my editor. As nearly as I can tell the FZ200 is essentially the FZ150 with the constant f 2.7 improvement to the lens.

I can afford (and can write-off as a pro), a 4/3 system or an SLR and lenses, but I chose the FZ150 for its portability, versatility, and wide focal range. I would suggest an extra battery or two and a UV filter for the lens. I'm off to cover another assignment this weekend, and I'll be bringing the FZ150. If you search on FZ150, you'll find my posts and some sample photos I took

FYI, if you zoom in from a distance with the FZ150, you can nicely throw the background out of focus.

Quigley_match_024_Small_.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back